1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Darren Woodson: Mike Jenkins should be put on notice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Nov 13, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Darren Woodson has been killing the Cowboys players this week and on Thursday Night he jumped on with ESPNDallas Live with some advice for Jason Garrett on how to handle Mike Jenkins...

Woody on ESPNDallas Live - Nov 11th

The word 'disgusting' over and over again from the Dallas Cowboys All Time leading tackler. As a fan of this team for so long it kind of makes me angry these players have played so poorly Woody is even feeling this disgusted with these guys right now.

And you know what makes me even more mad. We still have not heard about one of the players being so frustrated that they went off in the locker room after these recent losses. Where is the anger?
  2. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Maybe it's nunya biznezz what goes on in the locker room.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    They need to replace Campo with Woody. Seriously.
  4. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,359 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    i seem to remember a report that a player destroyed a locker and another punched a door
  5. Az Lurker

Az Lurker The Lurker

297 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure there was a report about Dez Bryant going off. There was some praise for him, and some saying it's a sign of his bad attitude
  6. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No.

Someone said they wish that had happened.

This is the team that laughs and jokes around during the game when they put out embarrassing performances. Why would losing make them mad?
  7. rkell87

7,359 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Jim Rowell Just heard Norm say that Witten smashed a wall and Ratliff destroyed a locker. Too bad that passion doesn't show on the field or spread to their team mates.
  8. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I stand corrected then.

It is too bad that passion doesn't show up on the field. Then again the majority of the team doesn't have their heart and passion either. Hopefully Garrett can instill a sense of pride in the team, so they don't lay down anymore.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    I heard about the thing to Jim, but I could have swore someone said that Norm was misquoted and that Norm had said he'd WISHED he'd heard that a guy like Witten or Ratliff had done those things.

I do recall reading the story about Dez going off on teammates and if recall the thread correctly quite a few used that as a negative toward Dez and claimed it was a sign of a poor attitude.

So it's a catch 22 for the players, either way, cause some fans will love it and many others will crap on it.
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i heard Norm that night....he said "you know what we're not hearing?.....that Ware or Witten went into locker room after game and destroyed the locker room and put a fist through a wall....thats what i wished we would hear about one of those supposed leaders of this team"....(paraphrased)

and every since then ive heard it being mis quoted.....but it never happened...or we would have heard more about it from reporters who are in the locker room after games
  11. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Allegedly Dez went off in the locker room after one of the games. But we already know he's one of the few that has a passion for winning on this team.

12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received

Funny how the theme of Garrett's first PC as head coach was "moving forward" and yet since then i've seen about 15 articles about how Jenk should be made an example of and he's everything that's wrong with this team and yada yada yada..

..people, the head coach is moving forward. Stop living in the past. Its done with. If it happens again it will be dealt with. Until that time, enough already. Geeze.
  13. rkell87

7,359 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    ah. i never saw that thanks
  14. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,286 Messages
    4,201 Likes Received
    If you're the coach you tell him if he does that again he'll be benched indefinitely.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,855 Messages
    4,912 Likes Received
    Anyone else wish Woodson could still play?

He hasn't been replaced since his retirement IMO.
  16. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly.

I was all over that and disappointed when I heard it never happened.

And why is the only thing we hear about is a rookie getting up in arms?

Dez loves the game. I love him for that. I saw him on the NBC Live online feed after the last play in the GB game. Kid was crouched down like he was just punched in the gut. This was a sign that he gets it 100%. All he wanted was for more time to be put on the clock and for the refs to give them the ball back so he could continue to fight with everything he had to help his team win the game.

I will never forget that moment about Dez. And I am sure in the future he will do some things to annoy me, but as long as I know his heart is all about this game and his team he's my kind of player.
  17. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Woody would be an outstanding secondary coach but he's said coaching is NOT his thing. He doesn't have the patience with today's players.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I hope everyone heard what he said about calling players out in public.
  19. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At least replace Maxie with Woodson.
  20. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still cheering for Wade, lol.

When you don't call players out anywhere but instead tell everyone in the world that it's your fault because you are their coach there is a problem.