1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dat Nguyen's Elbow to the Head (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by AceofSpades, Oct 10, 2004.

1. AceofSpades

AceofSpades Member

262 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BS!!!!
    :confused: .................. :(
    Maybe I'm missing something.
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have no idea either....I have looked...still haven't seen what that call was about.
  3. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't see anything either.... oh well, not much we can do now. :(
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    All 3 of the calls on that drive and the one no call on Shockey killed us.
  5. phdefense

phdefense New Member

315 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well it is not clear cut because the action goes off camera, but it does appear that Dat raises his left arm and does something. I can not see what and was not happy that they did not even try to spot the penalty when covering the game.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,980 Messages
    1,867 Likes Received
    This just kind of goes in line with the "hit to the head" call we got against us 2 weeks ago. Both calls were boarderline calls that went against us. Why am I not surprised? Seems like the refs just have something against us. We simply have to be better so when those calls come, they won't get us beat.
  7. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,852 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Juke99 et al,

I think it is all about referees having personal agendas, if not selective vision.

But that's just my opinion.

In the same area of interest, Norm Shachter - (sp?) passed away today. He was the head referee in the superbowl that the refs gave to Baltimore on a phony fumble recovery as well as bad calls on other plays that day and, in fact, in virtually every game the Cowboys played where he was the head referee there were always bad or questionable calls against Dallas. I'm not even sure Dallas ever won a game he officiated. I'm sure his family saw him in a more positive light and are due sympathy for their loss of a loved one, but I'm not gonna miss old Norm one bit.

I wonder whether the issue of his honesty in officiating will be any item of discussion between him and his judge? Or is honesty in football really that important? I wonder how many people's lives are materially affected by the outcome of these games and if that matters in the moral scheme of things?
    Is football exempt from normal morality? :confused:

'notherBob
    Just wondering.
  8. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,225 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    The officiating was really bad today. Its football, not a damn tea party, let 'em play.

I thought the call on Strahan was sketchy as well.
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Considering Dat isnt within 5 YARDS OF WARNER that might be the worst call in history
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    Bingo!!!

One thing I am proud of Parcells about...he doesn't seem to be blaming the refs for this loss like a certain other coach. :)
  11. phdefense

phdefense New Member

315 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People you are not looking at the right thing. Find Dat presnap and watch what happens to Hillard #88 as he runs the route past him. Watch Dat's left arm.
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,516 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    okay - i'll say it. "burn in Hell norm."
  13. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Horse****. Your totally looking for something. I ran that play 100x now and do NOT even see what you are crying about. Dat bumps him. You certainly do not see 88's head snap or anything.

Watch Dat's left arm? It comes up and jams him but not in the head.

Thats to funny that you see that. :D
  14. Cheap Shot Artist

Cheap Shot Artist Benched

981 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Ref thought it was Nguyens intent...
  15. phdefense

phdefense New Member

315 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Now please go back and read my first post. You can't tell one way or the other because the action goes out of the view. Your are correct that I was looking for something. It is called being objective. They were calling ticky tack stuff all day long. I just hope the NFL deems that all debts have now been paid.
  16. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I thought the call was on Glover. If you watch Glover sack Warner, it looks like his left arm hits Warner in the head. Maybe they just called the wrong number?
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,932 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    No the call was on Nguyen. You see Hilliard run by him and Nguyen's arm go up but damn, you see that on every play.
  18. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,042 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I was looking for the thrown elbow by anyone and didn't see it. Looks like another mysterious flag thrown at the guys wearing the star. Typical!
  19. Grevus

Grevus Member

440 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    After looking at the video several times, I can see where they thought he might try to use an elbow. This is the first time a call was made on a player that threatened to use an elbow. That's 2 calls on this drive that were sucked.
  20. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Active Member

2,370 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watching the game ... they didn't even replay that one... I swear the refs had it out for us on that drive.. Pathetic!