1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

David Arkin, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Feb 2, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,160 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    Arkin should have gone Max Roid during the lockout.

If I were a fringe NFL player that just missed the cut at the end of training camp, I would spend the following year taking all the Roids, HGH, etc.. that I could get my hands on.

Some of the Roid gains would go away when you quit, but it's much faster to build muscles back to their previous condition than it is to build them up in the first place.
  2. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Lance is that you? LOL!
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    There is no hate on my part. Your post hinted that the lockout kept him lifting weights just because he couldn't do it under Dallas Cowboy supervision. That is not an excuse. Burm and I are simply pointing out that the lockout shouldn't have stopped him. You posted that some players don't benefit from outside weight training. That is simply not true. Maybe you intended your post to be taken another way. We only responded to what you wrote.
  4. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,182 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    There was a report last year that said they had Arkin working out 2 X a day on the weights during the season to help him get up to strength and also sent him to the LeCharles Bentley/Montrae Holland OL academy. None of it seemed to help.

If you listen to any of the day to day beat reporters of the team, they all say he is not an NFL caliber player and never will be. It's time to cut bait with this kid, maybe he can latch on in the Arena League.
  5. IrishAnto

1,013 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    No my post pointed out he didn’t work out under the supervision of the Cowboys which was a handicap for a rooky from a small school.

Burm is implying he didn’t do anything to improve his strength during the lockout which your post seemed to agree with.

I then asked if you knew this to be true or were you just guessing.

So are you saying he shouldn’t get his final chance at camp?
  6. xwalker

10,160 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    Maybe...:rolleyes:

Lance became rich and famous by getting a little "help".
  7. IrishAnto

1,013 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Yes a little "help" can go a long way.

Maybe we should hook David and Lance up.

Who knows if Arkin can't make it in the NFL he might do better in the Tour De France :D
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't care if he shows up for TC. After all, Dallas wasted a roster spot on him for an entire season that could have been used for a player that could have helped with the injury situation.

If you will read my post, I said that there is no excuse for him not working out, even during a lockout. He didn't have to work out at the Cowboys facility to gain strength. There are too many places now that offer programs just as good as NFL teams.
  9. xwalker

10,160 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    If you put money into a slot machine, would walk away and let the next person see if it was a winner.

They have already used a roster spot on Arkin. They might as well bring him to Training Camp.
  10. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,398 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    [IMG]