1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: 3 Pressing Questions: Broaddus On 4-3 Personnel; TE Position

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,264 Messages
    7,103 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

Football analyst Bryan Broaddus tackles three pressing questions for the Cowboys and the NFL Draft. This week, Bryan discusses the personnel to play a 4-3 scheme, breaks down an offensive position and gives us a hint on an intriguing prospect in the draft for this April.

You’re obviously watching a lot of college players these days, but can you give us one player that has really caught you by surprise in your evaluations?

Broaddus: I have been working on a lot of college players but that is the great part about this time of year. I really don’t have one but here are a couple that I have really liked. I had no clue who Jonathan Cyprien of Florida International was until I saw him at the Senior Bowl. When I came home I sat down and studied him even closer and I was so impressed. I didn’t know who Larry Warford of Kentucky was, now he is a guard I would love to have on my team. Tavon Austin of West Virginia is a fun little player to take a look at because of his explosiveness and play making ability. Arthur Brown of Kansas State looks like he could be a great fit as a Will linebacker in this scheme. Stansly Maponga of TCU needs to be studied hard as a defensive end that not only can rush the passer but can hold up against the run. I can go on and on but I will save that for another day.

What do you think of the tight end position, with the backups behind Witten and their new coach, who really isn’t that new?

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Position/4112137c-1af2-4949-b9d9-ab3f29a75850
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,815 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    Broaddus: I have been working on a lot of college players but that is the great part about this time of year. I really don’t have one but here are a couple that I have really liked. I had no clue who Jonathan Cyprien of Florida International was until I saw him at the Senior Bowl. When I came home I sat down and studied him even closer and I was so impressed. I didn’t know who Larry Warford of Kentucky was, now he is a guard I would love to have on my team. Tavon Austin of West Virginia is a fun little player to take a look at because of his explosiveness and play making ability. Arthur Brown of Kansas State looks like he could be a great fit as a Will linebacker in this scheme. Stansly Maponga of TCU needs to be studied hard as a defensive end that not only can rush the passer but can hold up against the run. I can go on and on but I will save that for another day.

Humm...
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,288 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    I think he's right about the front seven having the assets to play this year although I'd like to have a player on the DL.