1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Austin Limited; Says Hamstring's OK

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 8, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    Playing Catch-up
    Austin Limited; Says Hamstring's OK
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=4B16868E-C386-33BC-5240D0A556956D94

IRVING, Texas – Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) went through a limited portion of practice Wednesday for the second time this week, but says he's feeling good as Sunday's season opener at the Jets approaches.

Austin missed the final three preseason games – including the Sept. 1 finale in which most starters sat – due to a sore hamstring that he re-tweaked in practice on Aug. 24.

"Taking it day by day, getting ready one day at a time to play in this first game," he said. "It's obviously a big one getting the season started. We're all ready and getting going."...
  2. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

486 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Now Laurent Robinson has a hamstring injury :bang2:
  3. cowboystar55

cowboystar55 New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He WAS injury prone.....especially in the hamstrings. Not sure HOW WELL we're (1) stretching guys out before warming up for practices or whether the players are properly (2) 'hydrating with electrolytes'. I played 3 sports until age 38 but rarely got pulls or strains except when I didn't do the above two steps properly and/or forgot WHY I never got pulls. Even when I began coaching, I put a very strong focus on stretching and hydrating with electrolytes. The last step was to run through various drills to warm up the leg muscles which may give the player an indication that something is not right. There was NO reason to have someone go FULL SPEED if their body didn't feel right in any of the warm up drills.