1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Catching On - WR Coach Happy With Bryant And Robinson

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,709 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    Catching On
    WR Coach Happy With Bryant And Robinson
    Derek Genovese

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=D268C8FF-AF5A-76D2-6A98B88AA24095BA

IRVING, Texas - Since the start of the season, the Cowboys' wide receivers have seen their share of highs and lows. Pro Bowl starter Miles Austin has missed most of the year with two separate hamstring injuries.

Luckily, Laurent Robinson has proven to be a productive free agent signing and second-year wideout Dez Bryant is showing signs of developing his immense talent.

While Bryant has received criticism for not being involved enough in the second half of games, wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson spoke very highly of his receiver on Wednesday.

"I think Dez is doing an outstanding job. It's a work in progress and it remains that, but Dez is making plays for us every week." Robinson said. "He's making progress. He's got a long way to go - he knows it, we know it."...
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be glad when Austin gets back on the damn field...
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,709 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    At that point, even Ogletree on a number four cornerback sounds enticing, or Bennett on a linebacker.
  4. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    If Bennett could step up and catch the ball like he did last week he could be a really big weapon for us down the stretch.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,709 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    Agreed....that's the real deal.
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,580 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I love our receiver corps including TE. If we could just keep them all healthy at the same time they would be among the best in the league, if not the best.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,709 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    In accord here, as Tony Romo would push Drew Brees in production.