1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DC.COM:Combine Countdown:Fastest Players

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 16, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    blah, congrats you can run fast in spandex with track shoes on.

I hate the 40.

Entertaining to watch.......like the Olympics but one of the most over rated measuring sticks in all of football.
  3. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,057 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    I've seen a few websites taking about wagering for the fastest and slowest 40. I'm not a betting man but I will take my pet cat Rainey to run in the high 4.2's.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I think it's an important part of the overall athletic profile of a prospect, but for my money, 3-cone and shuttle are far more important than the 40.
  5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Shuffle and 15-20 yard split are most important IMO. Forty yard sprints (plays) in a pro football game are few and far between. I want the guy who can cover 15 yards like lightening.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    How does he not mention Joe Adams?

I don't follow college football all that much but even I know who the guy is because of that punt return.

[youtube]byPjkmgUcWg[/youtube]

That is speed. The acceleration after the hurdle is godly.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Something in my gut tells me the Cowboys are interested in Adams or a similiar type player. I really believe they will be looking to add a truly dynamic PR/KR that can also develop as a deep speed threat as the #4 or 5 guy.

Adams fits that to a tee.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I think I read he had a stroke a few years back.

Not sure how that weighs into the situation.
  9. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    For the combine that would be extremely fast. The fastest player at the combine each year almost never runs that fast. Several have on their pro days but thats under far different conditions. Mid 4.3's at the combine can often take the fastest time for the year I would think. Didnt Deion run mid 4.2 or something to set a record at the combine when he came out?

I am not arguing that your go wont run that at all! I know nothing about him. But for an official combine time that would be very very fast. Good Luck to him.

Tex
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    Every single test should be conducted in full pads with helmet, taping, etc.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    I'm thinking they are looking for a real 'life' slot receiver who can fill those needs as well.
  12. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Strokes?

Yikes....
  13. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ya, he did have a stroke. story was he was lifting weights and started getting a migraine. after finishing the workout, he went to the trainers who told him he just had a minor stroke. he still finished the workout though.....
    -Im gonna be a homer here but i love joe adams, he has meant so much to our program, i get goosebumps watching that sweep play, its just ******** fast. in a league built on speed......he's 30 yds in front of everyone.