1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Garrett Content To Keep Tight Ends Over Fullback For Now

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 18, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    David Helman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

ARLINGTON, Texas – Don’t look too hard for the next fullback of the Dallas Cowboys – there might not be one.
    Cowboys coach Jason Garrett is rarely one to speak in absolutes regarding his team. But two days before the Cowboys report to training camp, he didn’t give the impression he’s looking to add a new fullback after the release of Lawrence Vickers last week.
    Vickers sat out the duration of team OTA’s and minicamp this spring following an offseason surgery on his back. In his place the Cowboys experimented heavily with extra tight end sets, largely aided by the June acquisition of Dante Rosario[IMG] – who has experience as an H-Back blocker.
    “That’s the way we operated throughout the offseason,” Garrett said. “Lawrence wasn’t available to us because of an injury, and we just liked how it looked and how it felt.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-For-Now/5d5ec46e-84b5-4017-b75f-e65634109735
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,909 Messages
    3,048 Likes Received
    Not much unexpected here.
  3. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I feel that this will be a great way to go. I wonder what Hos feels about the no full back move? I know besides kicker ( :) ) that it is his most favorite position!