1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM - Holland Trying To Restore Family Name

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by 67CowboysFan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So this is what is motivating the big guy this year. He might turn out to be a really good player for us afterall.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=AE60B596-05A6-3362-4B73CD64080CA97D
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a Holland supporter, you can tell it means a lot to him.
  3. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like 'what' is driving him now. I got a real good feeling about him after reading that article. He has finally seen the big picture.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Interior line pride...now that's the ticket. :starspin
  5. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    :clap2:
  6. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My.
    Pet.
    Cat.
  7. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't know about this, makes me like the guy even more. Glad to see he's playing so well for us!
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,734 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    He has done a good job since coming back. I hope he continues to improve as he says he's trying to. It's too bad that some people don't strive to be their best right off the bat without something bad happening to them, but sometimes thats what it takes.

I'm really glad we re-signed him.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,129 Messages
    1,827 Likes Received
    I wanted him gone in the worst way during all of training camp and the preseason - for the reasons mentioned in this article.

But I'm glad that the light has come on for him and I'm happy that he's playing well and has revived his career.

For his, the team's, and all of our sakes, I hope he keeps up the good work.
  10. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    He is highly motivated to right the ship, and want to ensure he doesn't fail his family again, good on him. :thumbup:
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,797 Likes Received
    Maybe seeing his career going down the drain was the best thing that could have happened to him. My hope is he takes advantage of this opportunity and not become complacent.

In my view Holland had become a guy who was content with having a roster spot and drawing a pay check, it is hard to think otherwise when he would continue to come to camp out of shape. Maybe this wakeup call will do him good
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,917 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Good for you Holland. Good for you. I like to hear it and I hope we continue to see it. Play your butt off big man.
  13. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

700 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    WOW what really stood out to me is HIS KIDS.....We sit in here and go back and forth and talk about NFL players being cut, waived or traded, but imagine his kids being picked on and teased every day because their dad was a failure in the NFL

Holland I salute you and hope you let this fuel your drive.....