1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Jenkins Ends Silence; Says Never Demanded Trade; Ready To Work

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,189 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. - The summer-long silence Mike Jenkins has displayed ended after the first walk-through practice Monday here in Oxnard.

While he’s still rehabbing his shoulder injury and probably a couple of weeks away from practice, Jenkins did his best to clarify a few reports that have lingered this offseason.

“A lot of it is way off,” Jenkins said. “I never asked for a trade. A lot of people are going to talk and make assumptions. It’s not my job to try to correct it. My focus is to get better healthy and get back on the field.”

Asked to clarify what exactly was falsely reported, Jenkins said “a lot of statements . . . a lot of statements” have been floated around that are not true.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-To-Work/ff34edb9-2998-4c63-9f2b-3c1a18d42372
  2. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike speaks. I like it. My happy nob is turned way up. Wait... that did not come out right.
  3. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,388 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Awww, you didn't quote the part which everyone in zone was crying for. I'd like to see their reactions now.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,948 Messages
    7,696 Likes Received
    I think is speaks to Jenkins' lack of maturity that he can't handle a dissenting opinion about something he never said.

Maybe you did say it, Mike, maybe you didn't. Who's to say? But all opinions about what you may or may not have said or done are equally valid here in the DFW area. Maybe you should just concentrate on getting healthy and stop worrying to much about what people are saying you said in the press.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Looks like someone figured it out it will be awfully hard to put on an exhibition for a big pay day when you are splitting time as the #3 CB.

Almost like he just assumed he was going to start and would have all the opportunity in the world to show the rest of the NFL what he has.

The fewer snaps he plays, the less money he makes.
  6. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,568 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Maybe you didn't say it Mike. But the liquor store guy did. So how do you explain that? :laugh2:
  7. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,142 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :bow:
  8. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    1,410 Likes Received
    The media spent the whole off season trying to paint Mike Jenkins as a villain for ratings. You all ate it up, but that is par for the course.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    He might not of asked the Cowboys for a trade, but did his agent, ask for a trade?