1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Jerry Jones Says Change Necessary, But Not At QB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Quarterback Tony Romo might be the only Cowboys player or coach who can sit comfortably after listening to owner Jerry Jones on his weekly radio show.

Jones said Wednesday on 105.3 FM “The Fan” that change will be necessary after another 8-8 finish, but going a different direction at quarterback isn’t in those plans.

“I don’t like what’s on the other side of that page,” Jones said. “We’ve got better chances to get to the Super Bowl relative to Tony Romo.”

Rather than change the quarterback position, Jones’ focus is on figuring out a way to build around Romo to make him more comfortable as the signal caller. Romo finished No. 3 in the league with 4,903 passing yards and No. 10 in the league with a 90.5 passer rating, but he was tied for the NFL lead with 19 interceptions.

“We’ve got to have a way to play football that maximizes what Tony does the best,” Jones said. “I can assure our fans this, that it’s going to be very uncomfortable, from my standpoint, for the next few weeks and months at Valley Ranch.”

Jones won’t accept mediocrity, but he also won’t divulge what changes could happen until staff meetings occur at a later date and those plans are fully discussed. His patience wears thin every time the Cowboys miss out on the playoffs, but he also realizes a lack of patience isn’t the issue.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ot-At-QB/7c93859f-312e-4de8-a857-417289dea811