1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Lett, Mathis To Help Coach At Camp

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 22, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=52458296-B6C1-87F9-602CBB3C74A3C6E5

Mathis played three seaons from 1997-99, including two under head coach Chan Gailey (right).

IRVING, Texas - Since taking over as head coach of the Cowboys, Jason Garrett has been no stranger to reuniting himself with former teammates and coaches.

The latest connections to his playing days will be former Pro Bowl defensive lineman Leon Lett and nine-year veteran Kevin Mathis who are both expected to join the Cowboys at training camp this summer as part of the NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship Program.
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,582 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    That's cool. I like the fact that 'Big Cat' is coming in to work a little with Rat, and all the other D-lineman.
  3. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    On Side note, Kevin Mathis's Daughter played against my daughter's team, for couple years in Soccer. I coached my daughter's team, and his daughter probably has his genes, so she is fast little kid. I don't think too many people recognized him though. Last I knew he was involved with Dieon and his whole Draft training or NFL training I think. I guess that isn't working out that well or he got itch to coach in NFL.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    cool, thanks for the info buddy :)
  5. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw a special on ESPN about Lett. Thought he was helping coach a DII football school? I saw this towards the end of last season.

Really glad he will be there though.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,320 Likes Received
    Lett will always have a special place in my heart. He went to college about an hour from here.
  7. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,539 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    He's the DL coach at U Lousiana-Monroe. It's Division I FBS.