1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Scout's Notebook: Five Thoughts For Training Camp Eve

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,998 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    Scout's Notebook: Five Thoughts For Training Camp Eve

Posted 4 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Camp-Eve/b0a20787-fd68-481b-98ed-102c7c77844c

Some Cowboys thoughts on Training Camp Eve:

My biggest question as camp opens for the Cowboys here in Oxnard is the offense line. Switching the tackles and adding a pair of new guards creates a challenge for Bill Callahan. How quickly this group meshes will be key with the great defensive front sevens the club will face this season.

I don’t think there will be a problem with Dez Bryant's focus on the field while this latest issue is being taken care of off it. Some players could be dragged down this kind of thing, but I don’t think that will be the case for Bryant, who is a football player first. Being in camp and playing ball is what he lives for.

We really won’t be able to tell how quickly DeMarco Murray and Lawrence Vickers are adapting to one another until this team works in full pads. Vickers is a different type of blocker than Tony Fiammetta, who is more athletic and able to adjust on the move. Vickers is a more physical player at the point of contact....
  2. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Vickers seems like a great locker room guy, but the crazy enthusiasm some have about acquiring him seems out of place.

Let's remember: The Texans released him outright.

He might be a great pickup. Let's wait and see.
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,470 Messages
    174 Likes Received

The Texans let two good fbs go this off-season.

Vickers/Vonte Leach.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    He's a John Riggins/Moose Johnston type hybrid with the leadership qualities of Ray Lewis and the heart of Michael Irvin.
  5. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I saw him sneeze once and the swath of trees it cleared looked like a hurricane had passed through! :D
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A move driven entirely by finances, not talent... he is widely regarded to be the best blocking fullback in the league today...
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just thank the good Lord you weren't directly in the path of that sneeze...