1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Sooner Than Later: Kosier Targets Season Opener For Return

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 19, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,916 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow nickeatman on Twitter

OXNARD, Calif. - Kyle Kosier knows the standard timetable for a sprained MCL is 4-6 weeks. But just one day after suffering the injury, the veteran guard is already hoping for an earlier return.

"I'm trying to shoot for the opener right now," Kosier said, referring to the Sept. 12 game in Washington. "But we'll see how it progresses. It sucks. It really does because we were all kind of getting in a groove I felt, and it's just disappointing that this unfortunate accident happened. But, it is what it is. Montrae (Holland) is going to step in and do just fine."

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8CDDB92A-B97D-BD5A-1ABD79C12188DA6A
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,592 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    I'd be much more concerned if this were December and not August.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    FWST has an article where a team source says they expect Kosier to miss the first two weeks of the season.

As far as I'm concerned, Montrae Holland is Hudson Houck's responsibility. This a Houck guy, not a Sparano guy. Houck's had 3 seasons to work with him now. If he sucks, it's a direct indictment on "the best OL coach in the business".
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    He's not going to suck because he is not a sucky player.