1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Spears: This Training Camp Is No Different

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,457 Messages
    4,411 Likes Received
    Posted by jellis at 8/17/2011 10:17 AM CDT on dallascowboys.com

While the official camp portion of the preseason is in the rearview, the Cowboys have been conducting practice similarly this week, but one thing has remained the same since the players reported in late July. With just a couple exceptions, Garrett has kept the pads on in practice. There is very little tackling to the ground, but it's still a more physical regimen than the last four years.

One of the guys who takes the most punishment, defensive end Marcus Spears, says this year's preseason practices have really been no more and no less strenuous than in the past.

"It's tough," Spears said. "It's training camp. Training camp last year was six weeks. I've been through two training camps with Bill Parcells. I've been through a few tough ones. This is no different. (My) body feels the same. Mentally you've got to adjust because you've got a new defense going in, but the physical aspect is the same.

Read the rest: http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spears is going to have a very good year, I'm glad they re-signed him!