1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Speech Therapy: Coaches Deliver Motivating Messages

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 27, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow nickeatman on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - You didn't need to be in the Cowboys' team meeting room last Saturday to realize how important the following day's game with Houston really was.

At 0-2, obviously the hole the Cowboys were in would only be deeper and tougher to climb out from if they didn't turn it around against the Texans, who just so happened to be 2-0 on the other side, wanting nothing more than to keep their intrastate rivals winless.

But apparently, in that team meeting is when the Cowboys actually dug a little deeper, finding even more inspiration.

Whether they want it or not, credit a pair of veteran coaches who did what certainly isn't an easy task - motivating adult men, most of whom are millionaires.

Thanks to an emotional and inspiring speech from special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis, and then another one from head coach Wade Phillips, who asked the players to dedicate the game to someone specific, the group seemed to respond in a huge way.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=55623D2F-96EF-AABD-071E9F1A73F71986
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,924 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Some pretty strong words: Lying at the bottom of the rubble following the harrowing collapse of the training facility, he had the choice of whether to live or die. He chose to fight and live.

I'd say that I would have been acutely motivated myself....:starspin