1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: TE Harry Flaherty, Garrett’s Nephew, Joins Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    TE Harry Flaherty, Garrett’s Nephew, Joins Cowboys

Rowan KavnerDallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Cowboys/10817ef4-fec3-45b7-889a-a494ade47127

OXNARD, Calif. - Head coach Jason Garrett’s nephew, a fellow Princeton graduate, is now a tight end for the Dallas Cowboys.

A spleen injury to Jason Witten opened the door for Harry Flaherty (6-3, 250), who signed with the Saints last year as an undrafted free agent. Flaherty was in New Jersey when he received the call from Cowboys personnel.

“I just finished working out, was eating lunch, and got a call I needed to be on a plane in about an hour and a half,” Flaherty said. “I got in late last night. It’s a pretty exciting opportunity.”

Flaherty will be working more directly with another uncle, tight ends coach John Garrett. He said he hadn’t seen his uncles since the summer, and he didn’t expect a call during training camp.

“There were a few teams on the radar, but I kind of just thought because of their tight end situation, the family situation, that wouldn’t really be an option,” Flaherty said. “Then injuries opened it up.”...
  2. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...nepotism to me.

There. I have officially joined the Cowboys Zone of haters.

I can drop that flag now.:rolleyes: