1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Two-By-Four As Starters Return, Backup O-Linemen Get Reps Too

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 16, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis

IRVING, Texas - In just the nick of time, it would seem, starting offensive linemen Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier returned to practice on Wednesday, each back from rehabbing knee injuries.

Practice is not the game, of course. While players who return to the field at Valley Ranch are typically cleared to participate in game situations, the Cowboys will have to monitor how their first-teamers respond over the next three days before making an official ruling on their status for the weekend.

LINK to article
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,034 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    This is just mind bogling to me....Houck said Columbo knew those loose particles had been there for a while. How is this not something you correct IMMEDIATLEY after the Vikings game. Or how about do it at the same time they addressed the broken fibula, so all could heal at the same time? Of course I have never played at the leve, so I do not understand. But that is why I am asking the question. There HAD to be a reason this stuff happens all the time!
  3. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'd think that somebody with his history of traumatic knee injuries would probably be a candidate to have scar tissue, particles, etc. cleaned up all the time.

Last season when his fibula broke he probably didn't want to risk prolonging his rehab in case we needed him back, and, as far as this off-season goes, he probably tried to get by with rest and fighting through the pain like he does every year that he doesn't have it cleaned out.
  4. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,034 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    what sense does that make? I mean he was only into training camp a few days when he "decided" that because of all the criticism he received for the game against Minny...he would get completley healthy. It would seem to me that if he was that embarassed about the Minny game...he would have started doing whatever it took to make sure it never happened again in February. That would inculde, diet, exercise, film study, weight training, minor surgical procedures....I mean this is ridiculous.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Two-By-Four
    As Starters Return, Backup O-Linemen Get Reps Too
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=17C762C8-09FC-A9FC-457BDB2DC9ADDA4E

Wednesday's practice was Colombo's first live action since Aug. 15IRVING, Texas - In just the nick of time, it would seem, starting offensive linemen Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier returned to practice on Wednesday, each back from rehabbing knee injuries.

Practice is not the game, of course. While players who return to the field at Valley Ranch are typically cleared to participate in game situations, the Cowboys will have to monitor how their first-teamers respond over the next three days before making an official ruling on their status for the weekend.

With that in mind, offensive line coach Hudson Houck admits the team will have to get four linemen ready to play two spots. Montrae Holland got first-team reps again at left guard on Wednesday, and, with Sunday's final play hardly forgotten, Alex Barron took some starting snaps at right tackle.

Both Colombo and Kosier were listed as having full participation, however....
  6. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Sometimes surgery does not help or is the best thing. I had those loose cartilage in my knee for a long time. It locked up on me once, you move your knee around and it frees up. These guys go through a lot, the less surgeries for them, the better. He may have played with the loose bodies for the last few seasons, who knows.

It happened two weeks into training camp. They decided that it was early enough in the summer to have the procedure done.

Colombo looks like he takes care of himself, I am sure he did everything he can to be in shape and manage the knee. This guy is pretty tough, I don't question his intentions.