1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DC: Eberflus: Major Competition At Linebacker Spots

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, May 20, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,502 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    I don't think so. He's faster than that. He has enough speed to play the Will. He's as fast as Lee but I don't know if his cones are on a par. They think he has the measurables to play Mike.
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,310 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    Lol maybe. I know that Bradie James >>>> Ernie Sims.
  3. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,702 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Church can easily fill in as WILL. If Johnson is healthy then play Wilcox and Johnson as our safeties.
    jobberone and Cowboy06 like this.
  4. Cowboy06

Cowboy06 Active Member

394 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    True, but we all know that Johnson is next up to pull a hammy or break something. Even Vegas wouldn't give you odds on that one.
  5. jobberone

37,502 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    I've always thought Church could play the Will in this defense. He'll have to hold up to the run which could be problematic. Great idea though.
  6. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,745 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    You should be ceremoniously drummed out of the zone, with epaulets stripped off and sent to wander the desert forever.....If you even so much as get a twitch to DANCE!!!!!
    jobberone and Idgit like this.
  7. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,702 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. Idea is to get your best 11 on the field. I think if front 4 is fresh all the time and disrupt the blocking then Church should be covered enough to make plays. Idea of 4-3 is to allow the LBs to flow and tackle. We will see.
    jobberone likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,761 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    It's a shame Danny McCray signed with Chicago. He might have been a guy we could have brought in to try at MLB in the Tampa 2. He was not quick enough to play Safety for us but he would have been plenty quick enough to play MLB in the Tampa 2 and he had good ball skills for the position. He was about 225 when he was here. Would not have been a problem to put weight on him and he would have been cheap.
    jobberone likes this.
  9. jobberone

37,502 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    I think we can use someone like him in special packages.
  10. jobberone

37,502 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    OK! OK! No dancing. You guys need to loosen up. :p
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,467 Messages
    6,173 Likes Received
    Did you happen to hear Garrett's reference to putting the 'three, or two' best linebackers on the field in his presser yesterday? It felt like a loaded comment to me at the time I heard it.
  12. jobberone

37,502 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    No didn't hear. No telling about that position. Some have played that Will in this defense relatively small.