1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC:FA Watch: LB Connor Checking Cowboys Out

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 14, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=11FC8173-C520-AE78-BFF8F16BBBDB8809
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Connor was a third-round pick for Carolina in 2008.
    Name: Dan Connor
    Position: Inside linebacker
    College: Penn State
    Height/Weight: 6-2 / 231
    NFL Experience: 4 seasons

Availability: Connor is taking a trip to Dallas on Wednesday, with no other free agency visits known at this point. A third-round pick in the 2008 draft, he is coming off the best season of his career, having started 11 games in 2011, and could draw interest from other clubs as the market settles.

What He Brings: After playing sparingly in his first two seasons, Connor was on the field much more in 2010 and 2011, starting all eight games in which he played in 2010 and registering a career-high 87 tackles as well as a forced fumble this past season. Injuries have been a concern. He tore his ACL as a rookie in 2008, missing all but three games, and suffered hip damage halfway through 2010, again landing on the IR. He is considered more of a run-stopping inside linebacker than a natural pass defender.
  2. LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian Active Member

1,461 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Lots of smaller LB'ers if we sign him.

I'd like to see the big, fat, sloppy NT come in then, to allow these quicker tacklers to flow to the ball carrier!

Lee isn't exactly huge and likely can't add a ton of size to that frame.
    Carter is smaller/quick guy.
    Bring in this guy and I think you need to move Rat out of the middle and bring in some big ugglies!

LarryCanadian
  3. zeke87

zeke87 Member

42 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are we giving up on our 2nd rounder Carter already or realizing that he is too small to play ILB in a 3-4? Morgan does not appear big enough to play ILB in a 3-4 either with a smallish NT like Ratliff. Oh well, maybe I will get my wish and we will go back to the 4-3 but doubtful with the tag placed on Spencer.
  4. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Can Rob Ryan play NT?
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,981 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    Well played.......... :laugh2: