1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Romo: I Could Play In A Game Now If I Had To

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 9, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

30,853 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys will continue to ease Tony Romo back into their offseason program, as has been the case since the team reported for voluntary workouts six weeks ago. To hear it from Romo, though, he would be able to suit up if the Cowboys had a game on Sunday. The surgery he underwent on a herniated disc in his back on Dec. 27 is roughly 23 weeks behind him, and Romo said the slow portion of his rehab is as well.

“I don’t think it’s slow anymore. I think earlier on, right after surgery, you kind of go through that mode of getting healthy – kind of having to not do too much right away,” he said. “But now I’m to a point where you can push it and kind of go, and I feel like at this point I could play in a game if I had to.”

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    Sounds good, Romo.
  3. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    Knowing how tough Romo is and some of the things he's played through in the past, it doesn't surprise me at all to hear him say this. Dude has a competitive drive that sometimes is overlooked or forgotten about.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,627 Messages
    2,173 Likes Received
    Best news
    Without this guy we gave no shot
  5. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,361 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    I agree.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,359 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    you could play, would it be at your best? I dont doubt Romos toughness or his willingness to win, the question still remains, can we win with him? But this isnt a Romo put down thread so i dont want an answer, but hes a tough sob.
  7. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,429 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    And yet one of the first things out of the mouth of the average ignorant hater is, "Romo is such a p-word/girl/pansy" or something along those lines. :rolleyes:
    5Stars, jobberone and DoctorChicken like this.
  8. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

906 Messages
    953 Likes Received
    Yup. A mate of mine (Brocnos bandwagoner) constantly says that Romo is a wimp and crybaby, when truth is, Romo could beat the tar out him and most of the people on this forum.
    guag likes this.
  9. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Sometimes overlooked?
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    yeah. How about ALWAYS by some gomers here on the Zone.
    Wheeltax and 5Stars like this.
  11. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    BSPN and mediots. Best example of the dumbing down of sports journalism the last 20 years.

Burger King was bragging on the award he just got recently; in the 70's he would have been considered about average. Now he is supposedly one of the best. Just shows how standards have fallen.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,097 Messages
    1,367 Likes Received
    We have no shot with him either. lol
  13. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received

one thing about Romo haters= they are consistent.
    Jstopper, dstovall5, 5Stars and 4 others like this.
  14. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Because they're too ignorant to do anything but hate.
    Sportsbabe and 5Stars like this.
  15. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

248 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I have no doubts he could play today....My question is how many big hits can he take and still play this year.
    NorTex likes this.
  16. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,295 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    If the defense does not improve Romo and the offense will need to score a ton of points
  17. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received

Call up the team, we'll meet you at the stadium!!!
  18. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

937 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I really think that his drive being overlooked so much is an unfortunate consequence of Philips giving the Cowboys that playoff bye week off the year they went 13-3 and Owens paying for Tony and Jessica Simpson's trip to Cabo.

Of course I also forget that people who play golf and wear their hat backwards don't have a competitive drive. :rolleyes:
  19. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Well, I'd go to Cabo with Jessica, and I don't care who pays for it. I certainly can't fault Tony for it. "Hmm.... Cabo with Jessica Simpson or study film I've seen hundreds of times.......... decisions, decisions....... " Yes, the coach should have never given him that kind of options, but, almost all of us would have made the same choice. (I said ALMOST. Some people understand football more than they understand life, and believe it or not, some people are not attracted to beautiful women.)
    But, your point is very valid. Until Romo wins a Superbowl (and I believe he will), that trip will be used by his detractors to say he doesn't care enough about football.
    Corso and visionary like this.
  20. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    I certainly hope he leads us to a super bowl.