1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC Star: The Better Halves

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    THE BETTER HALVES

As they say, behind every great man is a great woman, so we decided to look at life in the NFL from the wives' perspectives.

by Honor Garrett, wife of John Garrett

http://www.dallascowboysstar.com/column-details&nid=3922&vid=3923&uid=35812

I met John in the Green Room of a TV station when I was working as a weekend sports producer/reporter. John and his brother Jason were drafted to play in the World League of American Football for the San Antonio Riders.

We've now been married 17 years and we have four children (John Jr., Honor, Olivia and Caroline), two dogs (Charlie and Judy), moved six times and been employed by five different football teams. Friends often ask how we make it through the season when John works so many hours and I am on my own with the kids. Well, it is all about perspective. I learned from my husband, 'if you have the right perspective, your attitude will follow.'

There are families with husbands and dads fighting for our country who don't know when or if they will make it home. There are kids living on the streets with no direction and no chance for a normal life. John and I are truly blessed to be a part of such an amazing organization. We also recognize that we have a chance to make a difference in people's lives on and off the field. To coach the tight ends for the Cowboys is a privilege and a wonderful platform to make a difference. John spends the season dedicated to his players, but off the field, he is also the best father and husband in the world. How can I not see how blessed we are? I am very grateful for what we have. And I feel it is our responsibility to reach out to those in need if we have the resources. If we can help someone else, we need to do that, and I hope we can set that example for our kids....