1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Working With Linehan Has Romo “Anxious” To Return

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, May 29, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,349 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – Even if he had the same play-caller for the last 10 years, Tony Romo would be eager to get back on the field. So the fact the Cowboys are likely rolling out their third play-caller ...

Continue reading...
  2. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,538 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    “You look at certain games we needed to do other things differently. We needed to get the ball out of our hands quicker, and other games we needed to run the ball more, and other games we needed to push it down the field. We all need to be better, and I think that's the case for every single year though.”

So who was responsible for NOT doing these things? Tony? Callahan? Red? Jones?

This was the most frustrating issue for me for the last several years. Potential is there and they snub their noses at it.

Save us Linehan............
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I think Romo would be the first to admit that there were times when he held the ball too long, where he audibled out of a run play instead of sticking with it and where he didn't take the downfield shot. There are other times where the play-calling by Callahan/Garrett clearly failed.

Linehan needs to have his hands all over the play-calling and his thumb at times on Tony.
    slomoxn and Seven like this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,902 Messages
    7,655 Likes Received
    That's how I read it. Again, the offense produced a lot of points per possession. It's the case every offseason that they are looking for things to improve upon. Especially with Tony, who's always interested in some new tweak or other coming into camp.