1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dear Roger Goodell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by blindzebra, Dec 8, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,891 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Sure the league survived back then, but it thrived once the SB became a huge part of the fabric of football.
  2. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    Just play it in Arizona every freakin year.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure I agree with that. I often hear when sloppy play is going on that the casual fan doesn't like it.

With that said, it really doesn't make a difference because the true fans is where the league makes its money. If I hadn't seen MLB and NBA drive its fans away in droves through constantly crapping on the true fans and making idiotic decisions that displeased the true fans, it wouldn't be a big issue with me.

YR
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    I disagree with just about all of that lol

I don't think the casual fan understands sloppy play. To me, a casual fan is rooting for fantays players and that sort of thing. They could care less about blown assignments, and probably don't even notice them, so long as their guys are scoring touchdowns. And I think that's where the majority of the money comes from as well. The die-hard football fan is becoming a relic. Younger fans, including ones my age, have no appreciation for...or even any understanding of the game at all.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,891 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    But people want to party as well. Many of those attending are there for the week long festivities as well as the game. Arizona isn't a party place. New Orleans, Miami and San Diego are.
  6. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,399 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Put the SB permanently in Pasadena...The Rose Bowl is the perfect setting...I hope it is -20 and a blinding blizzard raging when SB 48 kicks off...
  7. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    True. I'd vote for Miami every year.
  8. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,528 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    With the exception of that one superbowl with the Colts and Bears, when has it rained in Miami for the SB? I don't think it rained in 2010, 1999, or 1995.
  9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,513 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    To me any SB should be played in a domed or retractable roofed stadium regardless of the city the game is in.

Weather should never be a factor.
  10. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,399 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    It rained right up till kickoff of SB 13 between Dallas and Pittsburgh...
  11. Big Blue Joe

Big Blue Joe Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope it does snow. I don't see much reason why the Super Bowl needs to be played in warm weather or in a dome. Conference championship games are often played up north or in cold/windy/rainy weather. And over the past several years, most of those games have been entertaining with fairly high TV ratings.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Its gonna be even better if the SB is Denver vs N.O. Too high powered offenses, and they get shut down by a storm. They will hype up the high powered attacks and get a 10-9 ball game.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    Did you not see the Bears/Colts Super Bowl from 2006?

Hold it indoors or if it's going to be outdoors, on the west coast i.e. Rose Bowl or San Diego.
  14. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    They thought the same about Detroit/Philly. Those are 2 explosive offenses. It was ugly at first and 8-0 at half but then Philly ended up in the 40s and Detroit in the high 20s. Teams adjust after awhile to the snow. Eagles did most of theirs on the ground, though. And a few connects deep on the pass.