1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DeCastro at 14 is stupid

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 5, 2012.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I went back and looked and cant find anyone who said he was a must have. Just another option to look at. But hey dont let the truth get in the way of another post.
  3. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sweet.

While you're searching for that, please point out where I claimed someone specifically said "Brockers is a must have."

Irony....it always manifests fast and quick on the unassuming.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Loooool, so I literally just pointed out what you actually said and that's an attack, and not the "actual facts."

Nice out.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,367 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    According to you Burm. The fact is, he has not tested and until that happens, it's pretty much popular opinion on this player.

Be introspective and look at what you are basing your opinions on. Are you saying that you base your opinions on what you know to be true or are you saying that you think this is true?

I think this is a deep draft at the guard position. I will wait to see what the combine and scouts say.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lookie what I found here:

"The best guard coming out since Steve Hutchinson in 2001. DeCastro is intense, explosive, patient, and has excellent recoverability in pass protection."

From Ourlads http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2012/1178241

You can now have peace of mind knowing that some draft website has said DeCastro and Hutchinson in the same breath.
  10. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    pwned great job realtick always enjoy your post and insight.

as much as i like decastro the player i most covet in this draft is janoris jenkins. i grade him higher than morris claiborne and would jump all over him at 14 regardless of the issues. but i dont see that happening.

hey realtick do you see us picking up either tyler hansen (colorado) or aaron corp (richmond)as a udfa. or brock oswiler falling to 4th which i dont see happening
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,695 Messages
    4,557 Likes Received
    It was actually 'inside' information from one of the retired scouts turned media guys. Sturm, or Bunting. I don't recall which. But early on after the season ended, one of them said the team was reportedly more interested in upgrading center than OG.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,729 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    The combine is nearly irrelevant for guards and centers.
  13. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,220 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    to win the east you have to beat the giants (and to a lesser extent the eagles). that means you better be able to protect your QB. If that means taking a guard at 14, so be it.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Drafting very talented players is not stupid regardless of his position and DeCastro by almost all accounts is one of the very best in this draft.

What is stupid is acting like the position he plays is not important. If those guys at Guard were considered as talented as him they would be ranked higher they are not and the reason DeCastro is the best of the bunch.

Many would like to see Dallas get Nicks do you know why Nicks price tag will be pretty hefty because he is one of the top guards in the NFL quality players make quality money and quality prospects get drafted higher
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

From watching him in multiple games. From every scouting report and everything else has been said about him.

I said he has the fewest question marks.

I do not know why you cannot grasp that fact.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,238 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    if DeCastro is on the baord at 14 the only way i dont take him is if Melvin Ingram is on the board and we have not re-signed Spencer (so SOLB would be a greater need) and we picked a high profile OG in FA (nicks, grubbs, ellis)

they both have the potential to be elite players
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,729 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    It's that simple really.

Like I've said, this happens every year. If you took a poll immediately following another disastrous close to the regular season, it would overwhelmingly lean towards drafting/signing offensive linemen.

But as time passes, for whatever reason, it starts tilting away from the obvious flaw and drops down on the priorities list, suddenly there are other greater needs and offensive line doesn't seem nearly as sexy as it was.
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,766 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    I'm all for improving the interior o-line as much as possible. So that makes great sense to me at 14.
  19. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Great, this is what I asked for. Thanks. So you agree that if one of the guys "Our Lads" have rated higher,say Quiton Coples, Dre Kirkpatrick or Alphonso Dennard is still setting there at 14 you take one of them?
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    I agree but will say that is not my only option at 14. We know we need to upgrade the interior line, we also have to make some moves in the secondary and likely at the OLB. How we go about doing it matters little to me as long as we get quality players to fill these roles. Clearly DeCastro is an option that would address a major need.