1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DeMarco Murray's status still a mystery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Nov 24, 2012.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,141 Messages
    4,598 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

Among other things he discussed in the wake of Thursday's disappointing Thanksgiving Day loss, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he didn't know when or if injured running back DeMarco Murray might be able to return to action. Murray has missed six straight games since spraining his foot in Week 6 in Baltimore, and the Dallas running game has struggled for consistency in his absence. Jones said he can't be sure Murray will be ready for next Sunday's game against the Eagles.
    "We can't get a prognosis that another week's rest will do anything"” Jones said after Thursday's 38-31 loss. "It's all depending on how he pushes off."

Murray suffered the injury Oct. 14 at Baltimore and has been on the practice field only three times since, and that was just for rehab. He said prior to the Cleveland game there would be a chance he would see action soon, but didn't.

The hope is that he will return Dec. 2 against Philadelphia, but coach Jason Garrett made reference to Murray’s "slow progress" Wednesday.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    This team needs a new medical staff.
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,848 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    My guess is that he is about three weeks away from being able to play. Will he play at that time? It probably depends on if the team is in the playoff hunt. If not in the playoff hunt, he will probably not see the field for the rest of the year.
  4. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think it's that. I think the team is in the business of sweetening injury reports for the fans to keep them hoping.
  5. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    a part of me wonders if it is a lins franc(sp?) injury
  6. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    put murray on i.r. and get it over with.
  7. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,690 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    The street might be a better assignment.
  8. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

644 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Ok were not going to the playoffs.

If they don't plan on keeping jones, we need to see what Dunbar and Tanner can do. All without getting Romo killed on protection.

If their is nothing there get a dynamic running back in the draft that has shown signs of durability.

Saying that, I believe that OL and DL are higher draft needs. Plus its been proven that RB can be found all over the draft board and as FA.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,491 Messages
    595 Likes Received

Stick a fork in him.
  10. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    ready for big d to move on from this dude.