1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DeMarcus Ware has battled pain for Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Dec 22, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    It's been a big season for NFL pass-rushers. Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt and San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith enter Sunday with 19.5 sacks, just three away from NFL great Michael Strahan's season record.

The NFL's top pass-rushing foursome of Watt, Smith, Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller and Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake have combined for 69 sacks. Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware was in the top four last season, but has "just" 11.5 sacks this season. The relative downturn in production points back to a body that's been beaten up over three months.

Ware told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport this week that the rash of shoulder and elbow injuries he's had in 2012 are more than he's ever had to deal with in any individual season during his eight-year pro career.

"I'm feeling ... good enough to play on Sunday. That's good," Ware told Rapoport. "When you look at injuries, the majority of things are mental. You're not there, just playing, doing what you can do, if you can give it 100 percent, that's all you can ask for.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cus-ware-has-overcome-pain-for-dallas-cowboys
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,888 Messages
    1,781 Likes Received
    He's clearly not 100%...

3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,676 Messages
    1,618 Likes Received
    late to lunch

he has not been 100% at any time this season
    Probably not even 80% now
  4. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,059 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    It's obvious he is not 100%, just hope he has enough in the tank to make a big play or two...
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Its noticeable.

others must step up.
  6. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,616 Messages
    320 Likes Received

The reason they have won five of their last six is because others have stepped up.
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Yep. Lets keep it rolling.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    An NFL player is playing hurt.. what a breaking story!
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The issues with him are becoming more and more common since the injury against Tampa at start of 2009 and then markedly worsened after the play in SD later that year when he was carted off.

It's sad to say but I think the trajectory is clear - his neck issues are getting worse and worse and this is the last we may have seen of the dominant edge rusher that once was. Hopefully I am wrong but these degenerative issues are one thing for you and I to deal with but a fellow like Ware has to put up with ungodly abuse on a regular basis for about five to six months. In previous years it would act up a bit and then settle down. This year it acted up during TC and then hasn't really settled down all year.

The FO now needs to start preparing for a future where Ware is an average player. If he is not then great but if we want to be contenders we have to add another high end pass rusher to the front 7. My hopes of letting Spencer go are probably dashed by Ware breaking down earlier than I had expected. Regardless of how he recovers, I don't see him challenging for the sack lead anymore.

He should definitely be saved for pass rush situations when we need him most late in the game.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Any who thinks he's healthy is crazy... D-Ware would have at least 15 or 16 sack by now if he were healthy.
  11. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The problem now is that he has been nicked up since TC. He played nicked up throughout parts of 2010 and 2011. It seems to be getting worse and worse. Unless someone can do something to stabilize the problem (? neck disc) I see him getting more and more injury prone and less and less effective on an accelerated time scale.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the offseason.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,676 Messages
    1,618 Likes Received
    yeah neck issues are nothing to low ball. Dat had to retire very fast when he got several stingers quickly.

Like back problems neck problems do not heal. I think that we have seen the last of DeWare and an attempt on the record.