1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dems compare Barack to Jesus... again.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would compare him more to Noah and his ark. Can you imagine the community organization that went on in building that mother?

Whoa!
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    All I know is that Jesus would have thrown Jeremiah Wright out of the temple!
  4. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Doing wonders to dispel that messianic complex he's perceived to have; seems to be proving my point from a different thread that the cult of personality is used to promote the statist agenda.
  5. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The best part of this is not Obama being compared to Jesus, but Palin being referred to a Pontius Pilate!

I mean, really!?
  6. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,069 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    The man who said this should be removed from office IMMEADIATLY!

What a disgrace...if he was my congressmen he would here about it everyday from now until his retirement.
  7. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,892 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    The teacher who taught you to spell should be fired IMMEDIATELY! ;)

Aren't you over reacting just a teensy weensy bit? He said he's a community organizer LIKE Jesus. He didn't say he WAS Jesus.
  8. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Its still pretty outrageous for anyone to compare themself to a man that two thirds of the American population recognize as the Christ and God incarnate and not expect backlash and then to not so subtly hint that Pilot's shoes could be fitted by Palin pretty seamlessly.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    Then they should not vote for him after all remember the seperation of church and state. :laugh2:

I'm not sure who the bigger joke is Obama or the idiots who make these type of comments.
  11. Phrozen Phil

3,892 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Maybe I'll explain it a little more carefully. Apparently, alot of people think Jesus Christ was a good "community organizer". It appears his message appealed to a decent sized crowd. Perhaps, just perhaps, modern day organizers are using him as a role model. As for the Palin anaogy to Pilot, you're reaching a bit there. It was an election-time prod, nothng more. Perhaps moving on to something substantial, like dialogue on the deficit, which neither pary seems interested to tackle, might be in order.
  12. Phrozen Phil

3,892 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Careful, I have a loaded thesaurus, and I know how to use it!!!
  13. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    And I'm politely telling you that even an analogy that alludes to Christ's community service being like that of Obama's is seen as suspiciously haughty and sacreligious to a great portion of the country, regardless of intent.
  14. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:

I fall into that category.
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Not as outrageous as claiming to be in direct daily communication with someone who died a few thousand years ago.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    "Like" is a comparison word in similes.

"Was" is not a comparison.

People object to the comparison.
  17. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just Jesus? Why not his father?
  18. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Wow your prejudices shine through o' enlightened one.
    I think we finally have pegged you down as a bigot against religion and Christianity in general thus your hostility in rational conversation about what historical role Christian theology played in shaping the modern west.

And in case you didn't know, that statement is based on your presupposition that it is useless to pray, a presupposition is a slate of beliefs or assumptions you bring into a conversation or study that determines the lens you choose to analyze and examine something.

You my little self proclaimed post modern beacon of "tolerance" are in actuality a bigot.
  19. Sasquatch

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    That question borders on heresy. The Nicene Creed says that they are one and the same.
  20. Sasquatch

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I simply said that it's not as absurd as claiming to be in direct communication with dead people. I could have been talking about Plato for all you know. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :D

I stand by my contention, unless you think we should entrust the nation to someone like this...

[IMG]

or ...

[IMG]