1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DeSean Jackson Benched

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Nov 27, 2011.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,360 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    Jackson got benched in the 4th quarter for poor performance :laugh1: Dropping TD passes is not a good way to get a contract extension.

I feel bad for all the dogs and young kids that are getting kicked tonight in Philly.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,714 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    Ahhhhh I was wondering where he went in the 4th quarter.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Add in his Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty from last week and you can see why he is in the doghouse.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    He didn't drop that TD pass. At least it didn't look like it. Looked to me like the defender got his hand in there and at least made contact with Jackson before he could catch it.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he's done in Philly.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I could a team like the Patriots taking a crack at him. He would give them deep dimension/speed they don't have at the position (although they get by just fine...).
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    That one was a little questionable, but he had another would-be TD catch earlier in the game that went right through his hands.
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    He will end up in Washington.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    It was close..couldnt tell either way..regardless, hes put all this chaos on himself..he deserves everything he is getting
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Fire Andy Chants. Benching Jackson. This is great. The crack up is in full swing.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,788 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Awesome! More Youtube videos of Eagle fans melting down. And talk radio in Philly should be interesting.:D
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    He had 2 balls in the endzone he missed. 1 of them I agree would have been tough to make as the Pat player may have gotten a finger on it but I think he still was in a position to make the play
  12. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    That pass went right thru his arms and gut. It was a bigtime drop.
  13. Risen Star

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    I don't see it that way at all. I mean, the kid's a punk but he's also been completely mistreated by his team.

If we ignored one of our best playmakers, whose making peanuts in comparison to his peers, while spending hand over fist on everybody else....there'd be an outrage around here about it. Just look at the Laurent Robinson situation. People already want to pay him. Now just imagine Robinson has done this for years and he's about to be an UFA and we still won't pay him. Despite outspending the entire league in free agency this summer.

Jackson has a legit beef with the Eagles. I can't stand the guy but I hope he leaves Philly and then goes on to destroy that team every time he plays them.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It won't matter unless they get a real qb
  15. Risen Star

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    I won't take the word of a completely bias Cowboys fan.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Maaaaan who cares about what word you will take. Kick rocks!!!:rolleyes:
  17. Risen Star

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    Apparently he dropped one, the other it looked like the defender made contact with his arm before the ball got there. I believe the announcer even pointed it out.

Benching him was idiotic. He's like the scapegoat for the coaching staff.
  18. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,360 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    As a Cowboys fan, I'm enjoying their franchise enduring a painful slow death for what was supposed to be a great season.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    He was still in position to hold on to the ball which had gotten into his body. He also had a short pass that went through his hands in the endzone for an easy TD. As for benching him 1st you we would need to know what was taking place on the sideline. Jackson has already proven team means nothing to him if it did he would not do the stupid things he does on the field. Maybe the coaches just had enough of the non sense.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's times like this I wished I lived close enough to listen to WIP610 radio.

Those guys are classic.