1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez Bryant buys fans PS4

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyz981, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Agreed. There are kids out there that only dream of PS4s and have no idea what twit-er is let alone what its for.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    This just makes me want to choke Billick even more than what I wanted to during the Lions game.
  3. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,484 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Some people will never be happy, for those of you saying what he could have or should have done... You don't know what charitable foundations he donates to or may be a part of, what we do know is he was in line and SPONTANEOUSLY!!! paid for a purchase for others behind him. Is this the same whining you do when someone in Starbucks pays for two drinks, one for themselves and for whoever is behind them, heck they could have given that 5 dollars to the homeless guy on the corner. Good lord!
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    You're the man, Unger! ;)
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    It is amazing how people can turn anything into a negative.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,317 Messages
    3,555 Likes Received
    Not arguing that. Just amazed this is a big deal over a lot of great things these players do that really matter.
  7. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

346 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Anybody know his gamer tag online for the PS4?
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Loved that too!

9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,322 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    It's only a big deal, because he's a NFL player. I imagine if another player, even a non-Cowboy did something similar, we'd hear about it. It may not be posted in the Fan Zone, but it would still get coverage by the sports media...

From my perspective, it's cool he did it because it sounds like he did it spontaneously with no real thought put into it and put a smile on a few folks faces in the process. Add to it, Dez's image hasn't always been the most positive over the years, so this is good pub for him.
  10. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    On a Dallas newscast about 2 weeks ago, they had a piece showing Dez making an agreement to take on 2 families in the DFW area who are financially incapable of providing the necessary items for a standard Christmas.
  11. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Sad to say, but a lot of people will BUY Ps4's who don't really have the money to do it. People have a hard time saying no to themselves.
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    You seriously can't be criticizing him for this....
    ilykdrama, CowboyMike and CATCH17 like this.
  13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    I'm a Cowboys fan for life, but if I had his talent, even I'd consider leaving so as no to play for that incompetent Garrett...
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    That is really cool of him.

If I had stupid money I would be doing stuff like this all the time. Why not?

Also, I don't get any of the criticism for this. He was probably just standing in line and did the act randomly.
  15. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Was a nice thing of Dez to do but I hope he doesn't do that too often. He needs to save his money plus I doubt those in line were hard up for cash.
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,326 Messages
    1,122 Likes Received
    Guy in the picture has a Directv shirt on. He's probably a young hardworking cat who likely isnt swimming in dough. I think we need to chalk it up as a great thing of Dez to do and just leave it at that.
    Shatz88, Wolf2k5 and CowboyMike like this.
  17. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,353 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    Instead of giving Dez flak for doing a good deed, what about the other 52 players not buying gaming systems or funding families over Christmas? The kid has a big heart and now that he has money, he likes to give some back. Not having much growing up, I imagine he likes the feeling of giving and maybe even gives him a sense of purpose.
    Shatz88 and Wolf2k5 like this.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,986 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Why should ESPN say anything about it?
  19. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    It seems like a running theme lately. Anytime there is a nice story that has nothin to do with football someone always has to come in and go "how rude of him to buy ps4's when he could be curing diseases or feeding the homeless in his free time!" Things that he may be doing already and the media doesn't report on. People need to chill lol
    Rhubarb and CowboyMike like this.
  20. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    1,116 Likes Received
    What do you know, in Dez's non football life he likes to spend his time playing video games. If that was Romo he'd catch so much flak from the very same fans, heck he already does when he plays golf in his spare time, but I get it (not really). :cool:

As for Dez's action, that's really cool he decided to do that, just shows how his true character is. He seems like a very down to earth dude, even though the media tries to portray him as a thug at times.