1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dez Bryant Will be the Punt Returner

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by 808CowboyFan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Felix Jones will be returning kicks also
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4694247/dez-bryant-to-return-punts-in-2012

I think this is a good idea. Can't worry about them getting hurt on returns because they are already in risk on any given play, so why not have your best playmakers out there.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    felix ok but Dez?????our WR depth is too thin to risk it. Especially with miles austin injury problems. I wish we could just draft a guy who role is punt and kick returns and is not a starter on offense or defense.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    And the hand-wrininging commences.
  4. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

good points....except Austin isnt injury prone and kick returners rarely get hurt....

dont live in fear
  5. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like it. Put all the fire power on the field that you can. :)
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Dez is returning punts. Felix is doing kicks.

But, yea I agree but Dez was hurt returning punts last year. Maybe with him wearing all his pads he can avoid injury.

I guess this makes our special teams explosive again. We could use more ways to score or shorten the field for our offense.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    This...yep, this....especially given the way Bryant refuses to go down and the physical nature of his running style. BIG target on punt returns.
  8. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    It might have been a little premature for Stephen to name the primary KR and PR at this stage, but if they indeed stay with those two I'm all for it.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Bluestang, I have to compliment you on bringing a lot to the table on various threads you have been participating in. Good stuff, really...

And there is a little return talent in others in the running back and receiver groups now as well. And then there are Austin and Claiborne as well.
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

Whatever needs to be done to improve the special teams, I'm for it.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    I like this indicator on special teams. I already have been mildly excited with just the return of Harris to the job. He was impressive to this fan last season.

Add into the mix, Felix Jones and Dez Bryant, and I am more than a tad curious.

Claiborne had success in college, and Austin has already proven that he can contribute in fielding kick offs.