1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez number 25 of 100 top players in 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by crazyfool, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    How Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon are ahead of Dez Bryant, I dont know. Yes, they might of had more yards last season, but Dez has been doing it longer.

I'm okay with AJ Green being ahead of Dez, but I'd take Dez over him, and yes I'm bias.
    dstovall5 and Ntegrase96 like this.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    They only do 10 a week so they have 2 more weeks to go. Trying to kill time between the draft and training camp is killing me.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,910 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I like that you admit it.

Gordon is pretty good. I usually knock him for not having to contend with heavy coverage, but at the same time a lot of players didn't have all-star coverage early on and none of them really put up the numbers Gordon did.
  4. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Not to mention who he has throwing the ball to him over the years. Which is why I wonder why people put Fitzgerald so high. The ole they have no QB thing is a lame excuse. If you're open, you'll make plays with a back up. Not to discredit Fitz, I just think he gets a pat on the butt for past tense #'s.
    BigStar likes this.
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,730 Messages
    1,942 Likes Received
    The one thing about winning is, people respect you more. If Dez and company could start making the playoffs, then everyone of them would get more respect. Although 25 is not too bad.
  6. Ntegrase96

2,910 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Oh for sure. Fitzgerald had the most TDs, but he wasn't the leading yardage receiver on his own team last year. Granted, he still draws coverage, but he's not the same guy he once was.

But I understand the willingness to place him high. He was legendary in 2008, especially in the playoffs, and he's only 2 years removed from a 1400yd, 8td season.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    In my Eyes, Dez already surpassed him.

He is the face of the Cowboys

Sunday night football will now be announced "Dez and the Dallas Cowboys take on......."
    BigStar likes this.
  8. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,686 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    Absolutely, I agree that Dez is the face of the Cowboys now. But as far as respect from the other players and coaches in the league... I think Tyron will get to that level soon too.
    Frozen700 likes this.
  9. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,157 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Without the bashing.....
  10. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,435 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    lol!

Dez deserves, more than many players in the league, having his name included in any network lead-in for games. He's going to be a superstar for many seasons in my opinion. However, it is HIGHLY unlikely, his teammate's name or image will be omitted from any broadcast opening. Like 0.000000001% likely. :)

Unless he gets hurt. :( Hope I didn't jinx that guy. :mad:
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    5Stars and Frozen700 like this.
  11. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Member

80 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    As long as Romo is on the team it will be "Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys take on........."
    CowboyMike likes this.
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Nah, Romo is good and All.

Every sports analyst and people you talk to, know Dez is the face of the team, and by far the best player on this team. It's not even close, skill position wise, anybody on this team is not sniffing within a mile of Dez.

If they do say Romo, it's only because he is the QB and is probably having a good year(to that point), not because he is the better player vs Dez.

It's just like MVP's, they usually go to QB's.
  13. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,540 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Dez is not "by far" the best player on the team. Count me amongst those who think Tyron Smith is a better current and long-term player.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received

this is kind of hilarious...
    CowboyMike and Proximo like this.
  15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Crazy.

People have higher expectations for an undrafted guy than they do a former first round pick.

They wanna compare Romo with Brady, Manning, Brees, A-Rod, etc - but guys like Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, etc all seem to get a pass.
  16. Ntegrase96

2,910 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    So true. Ryan gained a lot of respect from me last year though.
  17. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    I haven't been keeping up with the list any, so sorry if it's already been posted, but ... Where did Tyron Smith rank on this list? I'm assuming he's pretty low as well?
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    dstovall5 likes this.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    Dez is a great player, but he is also largely the product of Tony Romo's patience and ability to utilize him.
  20. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    Wow, that seems rather low ....