1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez the next TO

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zack, May 19, 2011.

1. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,100 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    With T.O.'s days running out, doesn't it seem that the Media is trying to create their next headline? Now, I would say that he brought a lot of this on himself, but it is amazing to me how his name keeps on coming up in the ESPN headlines.

"Jones please with Bryant workout"...why is this a top story? Just sayin...
  2. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,571 Messages
    531 Likes Received

Dez is creating all the headlines by his own actions, it's not the media...
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,147 Messages
    4,337 Likes Received
    He's not exactly keeping a low profile. During this extremely slow news time in the NFL, even things like Carson Palmer's house getting sold is news. So any little thing it going to be reported on.
  4. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    By not paying his bills? :rolleyes:
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    With Dez's suspension in college, the link to Deion Sanders and now playing for the Dallas Cowboys, every little thing he does now will be scrutinized. We've just got to accept it.
  6. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,384 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Do you guys think Dez is going to work as hard as TO did?
  7. Anjinsan

Anjinsan Benched

727 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's 100% the media's fault. While Bryant has his issues, he's no different than many of the 20 yr old rookies/2nd year vets coming into the league. He plays for the Dallas Cowboys. BSPN hates the Cowboys with a passion. Hence the headlines.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    What team does he play for? Nuff said
  9. JVita17

JVita17 Benched

1,340 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure. TO was a workout warrior and practiced 110%. Dez barely learned the playbook and acted like a jerk with rookie hazing.
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,543 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    This is why the Parcells media ban was such a good thing. I'm no Parcells cheerleader, but talking to the media just leads to grief. No matter how Jerry tries to frame his words about Dez, the media will spin it into a negative and prod Dez all day long.

The last step in the return to domination will be limiting media access.
  11. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,571 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    oh really, tell me, out of the 2010 dallas cowboy draft class, what other cowboy players have been suspended by the NCAA, late for meetings, doesn't know the playbook, doesn't know where to lineup, runs wrong routes,throws temper tantrums on the sidelines, threw a fit when the receivers coach was let go, has lawsuits for non payments, of jewelry, given a citation for not comforming to pants law in a mall, telling the owner he'll be there the next day for a chat and doesn't show up,etc etc etc.... all in a year and you think it's the media fault.......right!!!!!
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,271 Likes Received
    If Dez would not bring any attention to himself...the media would have nothing to report on him about.

You don't see them making sensational headlines for Miles Austin do you? Might be because Miles does not have a history of things and does not seem to put himself into a position to have any negative press about himself.

The media will run with things and the Cowboys are going to be in the spotlight, however many times if a player does not do anything that could be construed as negative, or have a history of questionable things, they won't bother with the negative press.

Just something to consider.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,900 Likes Received
    I agree. I like Dez but his action off the field matter. If he wants to avoid the negative spot light he has the power to do so. There are many other members of the Cowboys who do not have this problem. If you carry yourself as an adult and a Professional you will be treated and viewed as such.

As for him being a Cowboy your right because the spot light is brighter the story get noticed more but there are a lot of negative stories from guys outside the Cowboys. Just recently comments by Peterson about being a slave or Mendenhall comments about Bin Laden caught the attention of the media so to claim only Cowboys player are treated a certain way is BS
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    But we are safe, as during periods of inactivity, Jerry does most of the talking. Here, he is even harder to understand at times, than even myself.;)
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    I'll still attempt to get his autograph this Saturday night, when the Cowboys' player caravan rolls into Corpus Chrisit for a Charity Basketball Game.
  16. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,886 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    OK, lets top blaming the media. its the players who also put themselves on the front page. you can't tell me TO didn't like the attention and when he wasn't getting it he said controversial things to stir things up.

how can Miles Austing and Witten can stay off the front page. yet Dez manages to keep himself there?

don't blame the media. blame the player. very much like Ocho "nada" Cinco.
  17. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    When it comes to the Cowboys the media does focus on the negative more then the positives.

Thats just what you have to deal with as a Cowboys though.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,900 Likes Received
    Exactly and with TO he would not let the story go, after something would be reported he continued to pour gas on the fire. Media is going to report things if a player has a statement to tell his side of the story fine say it then let it go don't keep picking at it.
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    When he throws every Qb he has ever had under the bus, when he divides the locker room on every team he has ever been on, when he pouts like a baby when the ball goes to Miles or Witten, when he makes up stories on how he is being left out of secret meetings of the offense then maybe I will see it.
  20. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    By letting it get to the point of being sued. Of course the sports media is going to pick up on that. It isn't an unforgiveable sin, but neither is it like being 2 weeks late on rent or a month behind on a car payment.