1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did decastro play?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Didn't get a chance to see MNF... Did the infamous forum favorite play and if so how'd he look?
  2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,942 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Yes he played. I only heard his name called once. But I think he played decent. But the steelers oline as a unit was just terrible.
  3. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,151 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Nothing special. I don't get why some of the media actually thinks that the Steelers are going to be good this year. Their offensive line looks pretty bad. And they are trying to run a quicker passing game, which does not fit the style of your QB. He looked awful last night.
  4. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I don't get the Steelers love either.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,953 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    Living in NE Penna, I will love it if the Steelers (and giants and eagles) suck...makes the "water cooler" conversations that much better if your team is the best each week
  6. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,128 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    History proves that the steelers are going to be good . Don't under estimate them.
    nake and 1LoyalCowboyFan like this.
  7. cowboyz

cowboyz Well-Known Member

1,736 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    What happened to pounces?

He kept getting beat, and they have no tackles but it doesn't really matter with Big Ben
  8. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I watched Decastro a bit and he had his issues during the game. That side of the Steelers line was getting eaten up last night.
  9. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,523 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    It was hard to judge him cause the entire line look terrible as a unit.
    Doomsday likes this.
  10. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I agree the tackles for the Steelers were struggling, for the first half DeCastro was solid and not spectacular IMO. I found it hard to really judge him as the tackle next to him made Doug Free look like an all pro. Big Ben just walks through some sacks when he is in the pocket and last night was no different. Sometimes you need two guys to tackle him in the backfield, I will say the defensive line for the skins is going to be a handful, maybe the best DL in the NFC east when they are healthy.
  11. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    lol this is what I was thinking. Never underr estimate them.
  12. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    unless that oline gets fixed the steelers are going nowhere.
  13. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,902 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Their entire line looked awful. That's nothing new though and it's par for the course for Big Ben.

And the reason the media gives them so much love is that their defense always finds a way to be pretty solid and of course because of Big Ben. With those two things the media are always going to have the Steelers ranked good and in the hunt.
  14. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,890 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    pouncey was the one inside i thought played the worst. but the skins front is pretty good
  15. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,151 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    You wouldn't underestimate them a couple a seasons ago, but the dynamic of their division has changed. They are not better than Cincy and Baltimore. They split with Cleveland last year. They are finally finding out what it means to have a division with better teams in it. In the past, they essentially only had to deal with Baltimore. That is no longer true.

They had the #1 ranked defense and we carved them up. They missed the playoffs last year as well. I don't think they are making the playoffs this year either and will probably finish 3rd in that division. Cleveland might even beat them for that spot.
  16. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Don't know how it couldn't be better. Didn't they spend a 1st and a 3rd on OL last year? Plus Pouncy was a 1st a couple of years ago. I thought the only way to get a good line was to spend multiple high draft picks....sacrasm.
  17. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    I remember reading one guy predicting that DeCastro will end up "in the Hall of Fame." I'm sure he'll end up being a fine guard, but he's also an example that one highly rated guard prospect won't fix an OLine.
  18. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    He was incredible. Revolutionizing the way OGs play.
  19. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Here's what PFF thought:

Steelers o-line rankings (of note) for last night:

Mike Adams (-3.5)

Maurkice Pouncey (-3.5)

Christopher Hubbard (-1.7)

Guy Whimper (-2.7)

And what the hell?...No red text option? lol...all the text colors are pastel blah...
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    History also shows that Nevada will probably be ocean front property at some point but I think I'm going to wait a little while before I run out a buy up Laughlin.

;)