1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Jerry Jones Stab us Fans and Cowboys Players in the Back for more money, tickets?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 8, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    There was a video and report where jerry jones was asked about the bears fans at cowboys stadium. Jerry replied something along the lines yes, I know because we sold them the tickets with alot of bears fans at cowboys last game.

So, is making money more important to Jerry Jones, with ticket sales, (probably to high for some fans) to sell those tickets to the bears fans. If you remember a few years back, (same thing happened with bears playing at cowboys stadium-jerry sold alot of bears fans tickets to make money possibly). Saying this I realize that teams have to sell a certain amount of tickets to opposing teams fans, but with the huge number of bears fans at last game, why? So, what is more important for jerry to have fan base at cowboys stadium more than opposing fans, or to sell tickets for home games to opposing teams fans to get more money?

Dont get me wrong, I like Jerry Jones to a large degree, but is the attitude wrong at the top, starting with jerry jones down to the players just wanting a check, then playing to win championships? In other words, when jerry sells tickets to more opposing fans and the players see this, possibly that jerry is all about making more money than having your home stadium filled with loyal fans, than having or selling more tickets to opposing teams fans just to make money, then are players saying oh, I see jerry, its all about the money, not making championships, so give me the money too, not championships.

Case in point a video was posted with score 38-14 and OT Doug Free could be seen smiling and laughing with OG Bearneadeau on sidelines. So is money and attitude about that coming from jerry jones and being filtered down to the players, its all about the money, not winning championships?

I know some players want to win and play hard, Witten, Romo, Murray, Dez at times, Ratliff, and some others, but I tend to question a players heart like Doug Free who got his 8 plus million contract, but is playing like a jane instead of a tarzan with his finese blocking and attitude at times.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,840 Messages
    3,844 Likes Received
  3. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as Jerry is making money it's all good to him. Too bad for the lifelong fans who want their team to win. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  4. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones should what is in his best interest. Generating as much revenue as possible is good for the Dallas Cowboys organization on and off the field.
  5. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Great players understand that you play the game to win. (ala Herm Edwards)

When you lose it sucks, but you still have to suck it up and hold yourself accountable.

All of the owners don't care who fills the seats as long as they are filled. Why else with the NFL partner up with a scalping agency like StubHub ?

It sucks, but it's true.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Jerry is a buisness fan first. He is what's wrong with the team, anything for money. He makes his draft choices and signing and trades based on staying in the media and making money. He is a great owner but you can't have a GM like that and win.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,840 Messages
    3,844 Likes Received
    at the expense of giving up home field advantage? are you posting from valley ranch?
  8. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,943 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    Jerry the Owner is a genius at making money which is what he is supposed to be good at. I agree that the Bears game was embarrassing on many levels but the crowd at Cowboys Stadium hasn't been exactly stellar in general. I believe that Jerry wants the team to be as financially successful as possible but I also believe that he wants to win just as much if not more and wants to be seen as the guy that made it happen...which has bred Jerry the GM.

It is Jerry the GM that needs to be terminated...too bad that will probably never happen.
  9. AmericasTeam81

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Should Jerry Jones not sell tickets to the opposing teams fans? How would such a plan be implemented? How is it moral to discriminate against Bears fans?
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,176 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    How much revenue the Cowboys generate has nothing to do with the product on the field.

The product on the field is limited by the salary cap and the ability of the people Jerry Jones employs to find the talent.

All that the revenue generated does is make the brand popular.

I am tired of being "America's Team".

It used to mean something.

Now it just means we are the biggest sideshow attraction with Jerry Jones as the barker.
  11. AmericasTeam81

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Did the Bears fans in attendance singlehandedly cause the Cowboys to lose?

Your argument is flawed.
  12. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what would yall have him do?.....ask every person who wants to purchase a ticket what team they cheer for and refuse services to those who dont say Cowboys?......this is America anyone can buy a ticket....what about all the stadiums Cowboys go to when you see tons of Cowboys fans there?...should all owners now only sale to their fans?......
  13. AmericasTeam81

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Winning and Profiting are not mutual exclusive
  14. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones while at texs atadium came up with some rip off concept about buying tickets to a Cowboy game back in the day.. It basically was a different version of PSL's.. Jerry like ALL ownere only cares bout making money.. Also he cares about winning, BUT ONLY if he gets credit for it... He is a snake, like most rich owners... To me the guy is a complete clown. Its no mistake this team is an average team at best for almost 20 years, its not by accident people
  15. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I am starting to belive this, sure Jerry wants to win, because it will generate more money for him, attention etc... But bottom line, Jerry is wants more money bottom line, and wants to just like when Jerry fired Jimmy Johnson and won super bowl with Switzer, and he could say, I did it my way. But bottom line after that, been a dismal 16 plus years with what 2 playoff wins?

Just like Jerry said when he was drunk, he had to hire parcells to get the people off of his back so he could build his stadium. That right there says just like Jerry admits he hates for someone to blame him or critize him. We all do to a point, but a wise man will also listen to possible correction to fix things.

So, if Jerry wins say another superbowl, even just one he can say I did it my way, now get off my back, i can run team way i want to get more money, not championships.

Just like the TE that we didnt sign from the bears, who beat us in the game, all we had to do was pay him like $500.000 more money than we offered. Same thing we did with OG Dockery we signed, and OG that played could in run game and pass blocking wanted alittle more money, but we didnt get him that extra $500,000 so are we being cheap now, while were suffering on the OL?

SO, to me is all seems about the money bottom line with Jerry. Remember out of Jerry's own mouth he said I determine the final 53 man roster and I determine what players suit up for the game, not the head coach.

Yet, no one has really blamed Jerry for the poor OL play at OG because its Jerry who payed for the players. Best I remember someone could correct me if im wrong, but the good OG that was a free agent with the Saints, with the money he signed for, we could have gotten him with about the same amount of money we signed Livings and Berneadeau for.

So, instead of having a lock down OG at one spot, were still having trouble at both OG spots, due to money and Jerry Jones making that decision.

So, again, its all about the money, and being cheap sometimes in regards to getting a good OG to protect Romo and help us in the running game.
  16. AmericasTeam81

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Bash the rich... I applaud a man who seeks his self interest without interfering with someone else's freedom.
  17. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    its all about what is best for him, but that success has NOT turned into wins for 20 years... he is responsible for alot of what has been wrong with this team for so long and to me there is no end in sight.. Nothing will change... He has NO clue how to build a winning football team... To him coaching isnt important and is stupid enough to think anybody can coach a team.. Coaching is so important in the NFl.. Just look at the Saints... jerry likes these mid level unqualified head coaches so he is threatened by any of them...Jason garret was NOT ready to be a head coach on any level... But here he is and here we are, your Dallas Cowboys
  18. AmericasTeam81

451 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    You dont think the other 31 owners are not doing what is in there best interest?
  19. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right there with ya on this particular point, dm.

I'm sure home game tickets are made available to Cowboys fans first 'n' foremost. If Cowboys fans want them, I'm sure they aren't turned away in favor of visiting fans. So why does the subject of Jerry Jones selling available, open admission tickets to games played in Cowboys Stadium have to be about being sinister, nowadays?

Cynicism at it's runaway best... I mean, worst.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,176 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Step away and employ better people to get the talent on the field instead of worry just as much about how popular the brand is off of it.

It is not that hard.

A lot of teams manage to do it.

The product on the field generates the demand. He is fortunate he has a surplus of interest built up since the 1970s that still generates interest in "America's Team".

It should be an embarassing sign he is able to sell tickets to opposing teams fans more than those who come to support the team.

It might be "smart business" to generate cash in his pocket, but it speaks volumes about how important this team winning is to him.

He wants it all.

That is what people fail to understand. And in a way, he does not understand it either.

He will never have it all. He is not that good.

But in the end, if he gets enough people to show up to see his stadium just as much as the product on the field, he will be happy.