1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did you just make that up?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boys#1 95, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,089 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Didn't understand anything OP said. I guess some people aren't cut out to post on online forums....
  2. Hoods

Hoods Active Member

968 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    That can't happen. The scoring team will have at least six points before attempting an extra point or two-point conversion.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,254 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    I didn't even realize this.
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    The first I heard of it was at the end if the bobbled snap game. After the Cowboys forced Seattle to punt from deep in their own territory, the announcers made the comment that Newman could call a fair catch, they could place the ball where he caught it, and Grammatica could have a free kick from that spot. Of course, the punt went out of bounds, so they had to run a play, and time ran out. Just one of many things that went against us at the end of that game.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,961 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,571 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    Post of the year!
  7. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,628 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Is it this post or the shrooms?
    BigStar likes this.
  8. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasin Zone Supporter

3,262 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    I didn't know the specifics of the conversion safety. Cool OP and thanks for the info!
  9. BigStar

3,262 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    :D
  10. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

343 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Shrooms be damned...i'm catching up to speed .you guys can't leave anything up to common sense..It has to be spelled out like you are talking to a 3rd grader. its all good....I will adjust and overcome.

lol....
  11. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

343 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    seriously.... there's no way.....never mind. i guess many years.... separates the obvious from the "holy crap" please no way i can interpret his any other way. ~ takes long breath~..really?
  12. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,469 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2013 - Rule Book.pdf

RESULTS OF A TRY

Article 2: Results of a Try. During a Try, the following shall apply:
    OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 57
    (a) If a kick results in a field goal by the offense, one point is awarded. An artificial or manufactured tee shall not be
    permitted to assist in the execution of a Try-kick. (The conditions of 11-4-1 must be met.) The ball is dead as soon as
    it becomes evident that the kick has failed.
    (b) If a Try results in a touchdown by the offense, two points are awarded. If a touchdown is not scored, the Try is over at
    the end of the play.
    (c) If the defense gains possession, the ball is dead immediately. The defensive team cannot score during a Try.
    (d) If there is no kick, and the Try results in what would ordinarily be a safety against the defense, one point is awarded
    to the offensive team.

(e) If any play results in a touchback, the Try is unsuccessful, and there shall be no replay.
    A.R. 11.3 An attempted Try-kick is blocked. Offensive A1 recovers behind the line and advances across the goal line or recovers in
    defense’s end zone.
    Ruling: No score in either case. The ball is dead as soon as its failure as a kick to score a Try is evident.
    A.R. 11.4 During a Try, placekick holder A1 fumbles. B1 kicks, bats, or muffs the loose ball (new impetus) on his two-yard line and it
    goes out of bounds behind the goal line.
    Ruling: Ordinarily a safety (11-5-1). Award one point.
    BigStar likes this.
  13. joseephuss

20,469 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    PUTTING BALL IN PLAY AFTER FAIR CATCH
    Article 4 After a fair catch is made, or is awarded as the result of fair-catch interference, the receiving team has the option
    of putting the ball in play by either:
    (a) a fair-catch kick (drop kick or placekick without a tee) from the spot of the catch (or the succeeding spot after
    enforcement of any applicable penalties) (3-10-1 and 11-4-3), or

(b) a snap from the spot of the catch (or the succeeding spot after enforcement of any applicable penalties).
    Note: A receiver may make or be awarded a fair catch in his end zone. If there is fair-catch interference or illegal contact with
    the receiver after he has made a fair catch, the 15-yard penalty is enforced from the receiver’s 20-yard line, and the option
    for a fair-catch kick is awarded.

EXTENSION OF A PERIOD
    Article 5 If time expires during a play in which a player has signaled for a fair catch, the following shall apply:
    (a) If the player makes a fair catch, the receiving team may elect to extend the period with a fair-catch kick, but does not
    have the option to extend the period by a snap from scrimmage.

(b) If the kicking team interferes with a receiver who has signaled for a fair catch, the receiving team will be awarded a
    15-yard penalty and the option to extend the period by attempting a fair-catch kick or by a snap from scrimmage.
  14. BigStar

3,262 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    So TO, ball recovered, but then retreated back into the endzone either by defender or 'second' TO (strip, etc.) Odd they wouldn't reward the two points to the O in that scenario...I guess rewarding the TO?
  15. joseephuss

20,469 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    No, the play would be over as soon as the defense recovered the ball. If you look at their example, they talk about the defense illegally batting, kicking or muffing the ball. It is mostly going to come down to some type of penalty related issue that results in a safety.
    BigStar likes this.
  16. BigStar

3,262 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    That just whiffed over my head, appreciate you clarifying:D I saw the C point but thought that they were implying the 2 pt attempt using "Try" in the D scenario:confused: Thanks
  17. GimmeTheBall!

12,628 Messages
    595 Likes Received

If only 3rd graders you should half it so good, Sheldon.

Lissen Mister there are peeps here from Farmers Branch and South Oak Cliff and Waco!
  18. GimmeTheBall!

12,628 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Be bold:mad:, be inquisitiveo_O, be incisive:mad:, be concise (naw), be pithy:D, be concerned:eek:
    Also resist authority it work for me. Hey, whateryoudoin' . . . why you cutting me of . . . .!!
  19. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

343 Messages
    84 Likes Received