1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Disappointed with Parnell

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,642 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Romo also led the league in interceptions with 19, I believe. Not all of those were the o-line fault, but some of them definitely were. If Romo isn't running for his life, he will maintain the positive production and turn the ball over less. That's what this team needs, along with the running game.

And how many cracked ribs does Romo have to have before people realize he needs to be protected better by the o-line? Add in the broken thumb and the collar bone as well. He needs to be protected better....bottom line.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,716 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    If maybe Romo could reduce them throws that make us all shake our heads a little. It would make me alot happier. W

Umm didnt Brees have 19 too? 12 of Romos INTs came in 3 games. So the stats dont really tell the whole story. so 7 ints in in the other 13 games.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    I still think Parnell could be a solid swing tackle this year but I have never believed he could replace Free in the starting lineup. As bad as Free was last year, I can see Parnell being more inconsistent if he were a regular starter.

Maybe he can develop into a quality RT but he would need to beat out Free to get the playing time. I don't see it happening.
  4. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    He's definitely not a crappy player. And it's good they're not starting a rookie in his place. Ya can't just toss players to the side that you developed. He's proven he can play so you have to go with him to at least start the season. If he's still stinkin it up between wk 1 and wk6 he can be benched.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Useless statistic - he was #3 in the league in passes attempted. He's middle of the pack in INT per attempt.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,559 Messages
    3,843 Likes Received
    He.was 2 point something per attempt which was not his career worse but a little subpar. Brady does well there. And not all INTs are created equal. Romo needs to be 1.1-2 to 1.5-7.