1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Disgusting Act By A Cowboys Fan at the Game

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hostile, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Cowboys fan uses Taser gun on Jets crowd at MetLife Stadium

9/13/2011 6:15:49 AM

A diehard Cowboys fan wildly fired a stun gun in a crowd at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands injuring three people, including a Marine, according to the New York Daily News.

Leroy McKelvey, 59, of Moncks Corner, S.C., used a Taser gun on Jets fans during an upper-deck brawl at halftime Sunday night, said Sgt. Julian Castellanos of the New Jersey State Police.

McKelvey is the father of Power 105.1 deejay Charlamagne Tha God, co-host of "The Breakfast Club."

Three men suffered minor injuries in the fracas at the nationally televised football game.

The melee erupted after a Marine became annoyed at McKelvey and his friends for not taking their hats off or standing during the National Anthem and speaking loudly during "Taps" and "Amazing Grace."

Witnesses told cops McKelvey got into a fight with the Marine, who was sitting at the end of his row in section 324 and refused to let him out to go to the restroom at halftime.

McKelvey pulled a stun gun from his pocket and fired, hitting the unidentified Marine in the neck and sending him tumbling down six rows, witnesses told cops.

It was not immediately clear how McKelvey snuck a Taser into MetLife Stadium, where there was tight security because of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and because former President George W. Bush was at the game.

McKelvey's son blamed Jets coach Rex Ryan for creating a hostile environment at the game by saying in earlier press conferences that "it's probably not recommended that you wear Cowboys stuff" to MetLife Stadium.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,833 Messages
    2,197 Likes Received
    I don't fault the Marine at all. One of my pet peeves is idiots talking during the National Anthem.
  3. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just saw this on the news. Offensive on so many levels. The violence displayed by fans the past few weeks at NFL games is making the attendance of events a life risking endeavor
  4. starchamber

starchamber Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just saw that on the news this morning. How does one get into a stadium in NY on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 with a stun gun ? Don't understand people who object for showing public allegiance for this great nation but would not think of renouncing their citizenship. The line leaving is much shorter than the one to get in...
  5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,159 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    We have some sad individuals living in our Country and the stun gun dummy is exhibit-A
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    I hope he gets a long prison term.
  7. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe he will with it being an assault on a member of our military. And with Pres. Bush being in attendance . I sure hope so.
  8. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That fool is definitely due some jail time as Aggrivated Assult is no minor offense. Tack on a Public Endangerment charge and he could be looking at 3 to 5. And I'd give him the max if I had a say in it.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,976 Messages
    3,184 Likes Received
    Dude needs to be repeatedly shot in the anus with a tazer.

Sounds like the guy went there with the express intent of causing trouble and would not be shocked if he did so to get attention but took things too far.

Either way...taze his hole. :D
  10. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a *******. Must be a New Yorker turned Cowboy fan
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    a well charged cattle prod up his butt will hurt more.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,720 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    We were by there, was wondering what the commotion was. There were several fights in the uppers, security was all over the place. It was not a peaceful gathering. Kind of embarrassing really to be fighting over football on 9/11.
  13. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    first of all, the Cowboys fans were in their rights. I go to games all the time and people take, turn around, eat, sit, leave their caps on....I am not saying I like it, I hate it, but it is within their rights. I was raised to stand at attention and pay respect to our colors, our flag, our anthem.....In fact, I choke up everytime I sing it, cause I think about all the sacrifices my family members made so I can be free.

The Marine was out of line to get on the guy for not showing respect....If the Cowboys fans don't want to pay attention to our national anthem or taps they dont have to. Once again, I hate that they show such little respect.

Now, onto the tazer guy.....nice job of security checking the fans before the game. Some guy sneaks in a tazer and goes crazy. The Cowboys fan who used the tazer should be put in jail. Just because someone uses words against you, does not give you the right to use violence. He seems like he was purposely trying to start trouble just so he could use his tazer in front of his buddies.
  14. Dalmations202

Dalmations202 Member

176 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Funny, but this is not the story I read. I read it from the other side, and the 59 year old man was just wearing a Cowboys jersey and ended up defending himself with the taser after he was attacked.

Funny how one side/article reads one thing and another the other.

Guess it depends on which side you were on, and how the media portrayed it.
  15. zrinkill

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Regardless of who started it, he had no business bringing a weapon in. The scary thing is that he got it in with the extra security and the raised terror threat in the area because of the anniversary of the terror attack. Not like he tried to sneak in a shoe bomb. A tazer.is fairly easy to detect if you are doing your job
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,124 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    But is it your job or the Marine's job to force others to be patriotic?
  18. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    HA ha , of course it's not your Dad's fault he's a jerk *%$. with a taser. Everyone knows you can't be held responsible for your own actions in todays complex world. I see those beliefs were passed down to his kid to.
  19. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious.
  20. zrinkill

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    What are you confused about?