1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMarc ices the Pro Bowl with 20 yard TD catch

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    The 20 yard TD placed Team Rice on the verge of a tied ball game at 20-21. Moments later, Team Rice executed a successful two point conversion to put themselves ahead for good. Final 22-21. Way to go DeMarco! Perhaps our floozy coaches will notice one day.
    lane likes this.
  2. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Jason hatcher also came up with a huge play and forced nick foles into grounding with 5 secs left.
    Bleu Star likes this.
  3. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Nick foles MVP ? Lol he looked terrible
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,700 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    I dont know if I trust him to carry the bulk of the offense, but he definitely needs more looks next season. It is indefensible how our coaches forget he is on the roster.
    BigStar likes this.
  6. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,399 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I expect these two to help Murray carry the load in 2014 ;)
    lqmac1 and Lonestar94 like this.
  7. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,567 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    Has anybody heard of a rift between Romo and Murray? My friend is pretty sharp and not prone to exaggeration and he said he read that they weren't speaking recently but can't remember where.

Has anybody else heard this?
  8. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,454 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Nope. I wouldn't blame Murray for being mad though. The least Romo could do when he checks out of run plays is throw the ball to Dez, at least he'd fight for the ball.

That being said, Romo shouldn't be given the option to check out of run plays in RUN only situations. He may think he can read the defense like a book. A lot of times defenses are disgusing coverages until the ball is snapped. He ain't Peyton.
  9. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,454 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Feed Murray the rock next season. He'll be in a contract year and will produce big numbers. After next season let him walk and get another RB in the draft. They seem to be disposable these days.
  10. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,567 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    I absolutely agree - I love Romo but there has to be a non check out signal in certain situations. There's a reason coaches coach and players play.
  11. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,398 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    There was a article about it a few weeks back.
  12. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    If there is any, it didn't stop Romo from looking for Murray on that clutch, last minute, must-win, 4th down, game-winning play, on the road, late in the season ;). They were on the same page on the field and that's what matters most. Murray blocks just fine for Romo and Romo gets him the ball. If there is a rift, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been blown out of proportion like most things Cowboys-related. Those are two of our better players and I'm not concerned unless this turns into some major locker room-dividing rift (which I seriously doubt it would become because they are both classier/more professional than that). BTW, as much as I like Romo, I can understand Murray being frustrated by Romo checking out of running plays at times. I doubt this situation between Romo and Murray, assuming there is one, ever becomes anything significant.
    Bleu Star and sbark like this.
  13. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,463 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received
    Beautiful play and memory in a season not full of many.
    BIGDen likes this.
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    MAybe Murray shold try and prove he can stay healthy for a full season before he complains too much.
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Man, that's a relief!
  16. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    ....and he isn't in Peytons scheme either. Noticed even with Peyton in the shotgun, rb to his left, their scheme had him faking, sometimes giving a handoff to the rb which keeps the D at least honest. Garretts scheme puts Romo in the shotgun most times with no threat of a play action fake, a lead draw--which then lets the D jump in and out of blitz looks, and dropping people out of the box...........keeps Romo playing games with the playclock at 4 seconds to go.
    BigStar and rkell87 like this.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    It's actually kind of sad. RB's don't last that long as it is. We have a good one in his prime but can't find a way to get him more touches.

I think the most underrated aspect of Murray's game is his hands, personally. We need to get him involved more in the passing game, and I mean more than just dump offs.

Last year, there was this catch he made going up the sideline (while being covered) that was receiver like, but the only reason it happened was because the play broke down and he was Romo's last resort.
  18. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,893 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I heard on the radio that things had become 'frosty'.

But the caveat to that was that Murray comes off as an arrogant jerk, anyway.

Hard to believe that it mattered much considering the last time they were on the field together was a magical 4th and long conversion for a game winning TD.
  19. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    There is and Garrett has mentioned it.
  20. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    nalam and WoodysGirl like this.