1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Archer: It's wrong to say all the Cowboys have quit

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Todd Archer

Todd Archer, Cowboys beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com and The Dallas Morning News, answered readers' questions in a chat Friday. Some excerpts:

On if the Cowboys have quit or just a few of them:

I don't think the whole team has quit. In fact, I don't like that word at all. It's too easy to throw around by us media types and fans. Bradie James is playing extremely hard through an injury. He hasn't quit. Jason Witten hasn't quit. Colombo, Ratliff, Brooking and Bryant haven't quit. Some players I believe have made business decisions. It's funny to hear some of the greats of this franchise use the quit word when I'm sure they had moments in their careers where they didn't go all out. Were the 1997 Cowboys laying it on the line at the end? I was in Cincinnati for one of those games, and that team laid it down as much as people think this team has laid it down.

On if Jerry Jones is listening to criticism of how he operates:

It bothers him. He's not immune to it. But I don't think it will lead to a change in the franchise structure.

Read More http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/archer-its-wrong-to-say-all-th.html