1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Bills concerns: Buffalo trying out kickers

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 7, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    BySportsDayDFW sports
    websports@dallasnews.com | Bio

3:34 PM on Mon., Nov. 7, 2011 | Permalink

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Injuries are piling up for the Buffalo Bills, who are searching for a kicker and face losing starting defensive tackle Kyle Williams for the rest of the season.

Coach Chan Gailey says the injury to kicker Rian Lindell's right shoulder is "not good," and the team will try out replacements this week. Gailey ruled out Lindell from playing at Dallas on Sunday, but wouldn't say whether the injury was season-ending.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/bills-concerns-buffalo-trying.html
  2. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Whoever they bring in to kick will make every one against us...that's just the way it goes with every kicker that we play against. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chan let 'em line up for a 65 yarder if the opportunity arises.
  3. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,817 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    Our opponents are 14/16 (87.5%) in FGs this year, which is dead on the league average (86%). We're 16th in the league in FG% against.
  4. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    The two that weren't made were blocked. None have actually been "misses". That said, I was simply saying that, for what seems like forever, kickers don't usually miss against us.
    Last year, opponents made 25/27 with one miss in the 40-49 range and one from 50+. I may be wrong, but I think at least one of those was blocked.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,031 Messages
    2,819 Likes Received
    Chan since you coached in Dallas at one time the Boys are willing to make a deal with you. We would reluctantly part with David Buehler and be willing to take George Wilson off your hands. :laugh2: