1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: LB Keith Brooking: 'We have let our coaches down'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 13, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,163 Messages
    6,976 Likes Received
    ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

6:34 PM on Tue., Dec. 13, 2011 | Permalink
    IRVING -- Garrett has presided over a team that collapsed in its previous two games. And against Arizona, Garrett was more than an accessory to defeat. A series of questionable decisions by Garrett, many concluded, had cost his team a victory against the Cardinals.

But linebacker Keith Brooking defended Garrett and professed his faith in him as a leader.

"I can't speak for everyone," Brooking said. "I think I am a pretty good judge of our locker room and where my guys are. I feel like we're 100 percent in with Jason. I think he has done everything in his power as a head coach to put us in a position to be successful. He inspires the hell out of me...

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-lb-keith-brooking-we-h.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brooking be gone...
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,946 Messages
    7,692 Likes Received
    That's a pretty strong take from Brook...
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Personally I hope he sticks as an asst coach next year.
  5. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Thats sounds disturbingly like the same BS they said last year... maybe this is an indicator of things to come, players losing the same way and now talking the same way. Maybe Jason Garrett should put his house on the market and be ahead of the curve,

The players let Wade the cupcake Phillips down and unless they can get out of this FUNK they surely will let Jason Garrett down.

Just shut up and play, Mr Brookings....oh yeah Smack TNEW upside the head and tell him the same thing, shut and play...
  6. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,245 Messages
    1,460 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have a problem with that either because everything he said I agree with. And, he probably knows the exact players who are not 100% effort. At least Keith is 100% effort. He's just old. You can't stop old (and sorry). That's on the Cowboys personnel dept.
  7. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,142 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Same old song and dance....next the circle the wagons jargon will be brought out...this team never learns, shut up and play. All the talk is just that until you make the plays to close games out. So stop talking to the press and get in the film room and learn the assignments that you seem so confused on during the game.
  8. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Man that really does sound eeriely similar to the 'play for Wade, we're letting him down'' stuff from last year.