News: DMN Blog: Observations from Day 10 of Cowboys training camp practice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 7, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,710 Messages
    14,350 Likes Received
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    7:11 PM on Sun., Aug. 7, 2011 | Permalink

OBSERVATION DECK:
    Here's what I saw from the Cowboys' 10th training camp practice, the Blue-White scrimmage, on Sunday afternoon at the Alamodome in San Antonio:

• Kevin Ogletree really helped himself in securing the team's No. 3 wide receiver role. Ogletree had four catches during the scrimmage, three from QB Tony Romo.

• After struggling with his accuracy the last two practices, QB Tony Romo was sharp during the scrimmage. He completed 14-of-20 passes. Three went for touchdowns to Dez Bryant, Lonyae Miller and Jason Witten.

• RBs Felix Jones and Lonyae Miller were sharp during the scrimmage. Felix took an early screen pass for a 20-yard gain. Later, Jones faked out LB Bradie James in the open field en route to a 31-yard run. Miller continued to show great burst and got into the secondary untouched on a few runs and made two tacklers miss on a screen pass.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/08/observations-from-day-10-of-co.html
  2. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Don't like to hear " Reserve tackle Sam Young continued his rough camp. Young had at least one false start and was beat at least twice for sacks"

We can't afford any, and I mean any injuries on the O-line. How likely is that in a 16 game season. Jerry has already said no to adding to the O-line. There is already huge concern for the RG and now backup tackle.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

5,008 Messages
    1,995 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't like hearing that either, although my expectations for Sam Young are extremely low. Any OT drafted as late as he was doesn't realistically have much of a chance to be successful. I'll just hope his services aren't required for any significant length of time once the regular season gets underway.