1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Bryan McCann excited to play for Rob Ryan, show his improvement

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    By JON MACHOTA
    Special Contributor to SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 27 June 2011 04:40 PM

Cowboys cornerback Bryan McCann is anxious for a return to the football field. The SMU product saw action in nine games as a rookie last season and feels he will be much improved with a year under his belt.

“I’m ready to get back out on the field,” he said Saturday. “Ever since you’ve been in high school, even when you weren’t in season, you still had your off-season, spring ball workouts, and we were deprived of that this year. This is the longest I’ve gone without football since high school, so I’m getting that itch.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...to-play-for-rob-ryan-show-his-improvement.ece
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They need his speed on the field...
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...ann-aims-to-impress-rob-ryan-become-next-udfa

Cowboys Bryan McCann Aims To Impress Rob Ryan, Become Next UDFA Breakout Player

by KD Drummond on Jun 28, 2011 12:01 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys General

[IMG]

Best two out of three.

One of the topics I covered in my Other Side Of Flipped Coins piece was the possible expansion of the training camp rosters to 90 or more. I wondered whether or not the excitement generated over the chance to audition more contenders balanced out the negative of a division of labor to more subjects. The DA (Devil's Advocate, not District Attorney) position was time that could be spent implementing the new schemes would also be somewhat wasted on players that had little chance to make a game day roster, even if there would be a potential diamond in the rough. Cowboys cornerback and kick returner Bryan McCann wants to prove that argument false, and wants to be the next great breakout player that Dallas has uncovered.

Rabblerousr posed the question in his Headscratcher series, whether or not McCann will provide the defense with quality snaps, or only on special teams. For his part, McCann says that he is more than ready, and is eager to impress new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan into giving him more opportunities.
  4. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,374 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    He showed more last season than all of our other corners combined. I'm rooting for the guy. Doesn't hurt that he's FAST.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    No he didn't. I like the guy, too, though.