1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Choice: I'm hoping for more carries, but sad to see Barber released

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 27, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    By JON MACHOTA
    Special contributor to SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 27 July 2011 11:27 AM

Related items As of Tuesday night, Tashard Choice had one less friend on the Cowboys roster. Jerry Jones reportedly released running back Marion Barber earlier in the day, slimming down a backfield that already includes Choice, Felix Jones and rookie DeMarco Murray.

The move will likely equate to more carries for Choice, who had 66 rushes last season and 64 in 2009. However, Choice wasn’t celebrating the departure of Barber during a Tuesday radio interview with Galloway and Company (KESN-FM Dallas).

“I always had positive and great things to say about (Barber) because I love him as a person, Choice said. “He was somebody that I was under the wing of, somebody that helped me go through a lot of things and taught me about being a professional athlete and what to do on and off the field. So it’s sort of sad. More sad for me because I liked being around him everyday. … I’m going to miss him a lot because that’s my guy.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ies-but-sad-to-see-marion-barber-released.ece
  2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    More carries...if he is on the team.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    His downfall will be that he doesn't play special teams. Phillip Tanner will make the roster for the #3 RB spot behind Murray and Jones.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a chance that happens....
  5. GIFTS

GIFTS New Member

247 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    its about time choice is going to get his chance to shine! It would be a big mistake if we got ride of him. if we traded him we would not get a draft pick worth what he could do on the field. :starspin
  6. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,294 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    TC on Romo:
    ... amen to that baby.