1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowlishaw: Shocker! Roy Williams to Cowboys' rescue

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 26, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,086 Messages
    5,628 Likes Received
    07:35 PM CDT on Sunday, September 26, 2010
    Column by TIM COWLISHAW / The Dallas Morning News | wtcowlishaw@dallasnews.com

Tim Cowlishaw
    Archive | Blog | Bio | E-mail

HOUSTON – In his biggest day as a Cowboy – his first 100-yard game in a victory since leaving Detroit – Williams saved the Cowboys' season in a 27-13 win over the Houston Texans.

"We're still a 1-2 football team," Williams said. "That's not good. We just needed to get the ball rolling."

The absence of chemistry between Romo and Williams almost two years after the receiver's arrival from Detroit has puzzled not only the fans and media but those who have tried hard to pretend all is well.

But even coach Wade Phillips sounded like a man who was wondering when this day would come.

"In the past, for some reason, Roy ran those slants and the pass was behind him or Roy cut it short," Phillips said, shaking his head. "They got it in sync today."

"I haven't done what's expected of me my first year or two here," he said. "This year, I'm just trying to work hard be productive when I get my chances."

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...oys/stories/092710dnspocowlishaw.1837bb5.html
  2. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,443 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    So I been critical of Roy, but you can't help like him a little for his honesty and willingness to face where he is at and not hide from it.

It is starting to look like something is clicking for him.

Or maybe facing the opponent's 3rd best CB was just what the doctor ordered for him ;)

I will take it, whatever it is.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yeah, I love Roy... And no, I'm *not* at UT fan. He's gotten a ton of crap for something Jerry did -- overpaying (for) him. But he's handled it with a lot of class.

And today shows what can happen when Tony has confidence in him and throws him some catchable passes.

Speedkilz said he's only due 5 million next year. I hope we keep him around.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,506 Messages
    6,254 Likes Received
    Did Roy give his TD ball to a young Houston fan in the end zone? It looked like he did. It was a classy gesture, if that's what happened.
  5. Chocolate Lab

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    He sure did. Think you could see his mom saying, "Thank you so much."
  6. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,305 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Yeah. I saw that. Very cool of Roy to do that.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,665 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    And, thus, two more fans will join Cowboy Nation. :D
  8. Chocolate Lab

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Wait, I was so tired last night I wasn't reading correctly... I thought he picked out a young *Cowboys* fan to give the ball to. Maybe not and they were Texans fans.
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,141 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    he's always done that but people don't notice because of their head exploding when he throws up the Horns sign. :laugh2:
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,506 Messages
    6,254 Likes Received
    I know he does, but yesterday it looked like it was a Houston fan and not a Cowboy fan who got the ball. It's pretty cool, if true.
  11. JGalt

JGalt Member

125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Williams understands it, too. He's a highly paid former first-round pick who cost the Cowboys two first-round picks yet rarely delivers."

I thought it was a first and a third. Am I wrong or is Cowlishaw?
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,464 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    never been a fan of the RW trade but I have to admit that he is changing my mind this season
  13. cowboybacker4life

cowboybacker4life New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we didn't give up two first round picks