1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dallas PD called to Tyron Smith's home as 'known suspects' demand money

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,926 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    It's weird how some people think that because they did their job and fed and clothed someone that that person should bankrupt themselves trying to repay a debt that doesn't exist. Tyron doesn't owe those people anything but love and appreciation (and that only if they've earned it). Yeah great, he is successful and financially secure. Shouldn't every parent want that for their child? The article states that he gave them a large chunk of money when he signed his contract. Where did that go, drugs... gambling..?
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Here's a snippet from another article.

Sounds like he might have a worse network than Dez.
  3. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,021 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Terrible story.
    I hope the team does whatever it can to help insulate him from these vultures.
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Wow.. sad story.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,480 Likes Received
    That snippet is in the same article I posted. That was the original post they made, and then they went back updated the same link and changed the headline.

Either way, people can see how trifling his family is... I really, really hate leeches.
  6. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Lol... First Dez and the police .. Now Tyron and the police.
  7. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Don't know what's worse, how some people jump to conclusions and make a sad situation worse, or the fact that Tyron has to even go to these lengths over family and money
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    How does this situation equate to the stuff that went on during the 90s?
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I work overseas and make great money, and I would like to think I'm doing something with my life.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,480 Likes Received
    Why are you upset with him? I don't think he was addressing you specifically.

I think all he was suggesting the leeches needed to get off their butts and go do something with their life.
  11. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,702 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    That's the way I took it too. He was talking "to" the family members, not posters on this forum.
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Good grief.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    This perfectly sums up American society in 2012...it's culture, it's politics, its motivations, and its ills.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,062 Messages
    470 Likes Received
  15. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Now this is where Jerry Jones needs to look out for his investment and help these younguns out. Evidently they have nobody else. Lord knows I wouldn't trust his lawyers, financial advisors, agents, etc. The organization must find someone with no vested interest.

What a mixed up world we live in.:eek::
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Co-sign.
  17. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

700 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Such a shame, I commend him for handling it the way he did. Tyron and Dez are probably both being hounded by family members for money and both are probably trying to hold their careers together while still trying to keep some semblence of family around.....
  18. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

700 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    "More Money More Problems" B.I.G.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,215 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Saddens me to hear this as I've seen many people in similar situations, where they simply cannot trust their family to love them for who they are and instead looking at what the person as what they can or can't do for them.

He was never asked to be brought into this world. You take care of a child because you're supposed to love the child for who and what they are and it's a reasonable sense of obligation and 'the right thing to do.' You don't expect to be rewarded with future earnings. That's not love, that's an agenda.

If Tyron's family thinks that way, then while it may be extremely difficult...he should look elsewhere for people that will treat him like family because of who he is, not what they can do for them. There are people out there like that.

YR
  20. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Money is the root of all evil and brings out the worst in people.