1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: DeMarco Murray: Dallas Cowboys not talking about the past, ‘we’re ready to take the next step’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 10, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    1:17 pm on July 10, 2013 | Permalink

If you dislike the Dallas Cowboys you’ll probably argue that a team with only one playoff victory in 16 seasons shouldn’t be called America’s Team.

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith brought up that point while Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray was on “First Take” Wednesday morning.

Unlike Smith, Murray was laid back when responding. Smith wasn’t satisfied with several of Murray’s answers so the co-host continued to get louder. Murray never seemed fazed by Smith’s multiple attempts to get the third-year back to say something he might later regret.

“The stats say we haven’t done those things you’ve said but all that matters is this year and right now,” Murray said. “We’re ready to take the next step and get things going.”

“We understand the expectations here in Dallas Cowboys Nation,” Murray said. “We have a lot of great players and we’re definitely ready to change some things around here. We moved some things around in the off-season and we’re getting better. This year, we’re doing some things differently and we’re excited about where we’re going, where we’re heading.”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...e-past-were-ready-to-take-the-next-step.html/
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,887 Messages
    7,631 Likes Received
    Demarco Murray just handles his business. I really like that guy.
    crazyfool likes this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    I think, other than LeBron, the whole "america's team" thing is the most tired rhetoric on ESPN. My God let it go.
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    There are a lot of Stephen A. Smith clones around here that doubt you guys as well Demarco. lol
  5. crazyfool

crazyfool Member

276 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I watched him on first take and I was very impressed. Stephen A. Smith was awful, like always, but DeMarco was a complete professional. Proud he's a Cowboy.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  6. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    It wouldn't be if we lived up to it, IMO.

Here's to hoping we do and we go BIG.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    The video is in a thread in the Fan Zone.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,426 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    If Demarco can give us 12 to 14 full games this team will make the playoffs and not look back. I love this guy, but like Lee, etc. he's had bad luck with injuries.

My hope is that Cally can use him properly. This guy on a swing pass can easily get 8 yds almost every time!
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I loved the way Murray handled his emotions this morning... Stephen A. Smith was a complete joke, he tried to get Murray to come out of character.
  10. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    jason, is that you?
  11. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I like Stephen A., but take him for what he is, a sports talk personality. The magic formula is to say sensational things to get people all riled up, which translates to ratings. When there's nothing to talk about in sports, rip the Cowboys or Yankees and the phone lines will light up. The Herd has been doing this for years!

I love everything about Demarco, but this is a make or break year for him. I think limiting his touches from 10-13 per game would be a good idea, but may not be realistic considering who his backups are.
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  12. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

508 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    The thing is..no bulletin board material this year..period. It was one thing I just hated about Rob Ryan and his loose mouth constantly costing this team. Good interview..yes.

Stephen A. Smith reminds me of a black Howard Cosell. And I'm sure Smith would take it as a compliment.I never liked Cosell's banter with Don Meredith in the booth and thought Cosell generally talked down to Dandy Don who always managed to take the high road with Cosell.

Always trying to raise questions in situations that don't need it just to get some headlines, Smith does.

He's truly a piece of work, Smith.