1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Father of Travis Frederick is a big fan of Wisconsin of Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 26, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com

The father of Cowboys first-round pick Travis Frederick said he’s a big Tony Romo fan.

Darrell Frederick said he followed Romo’s high school career in Burlington, Wisc. Darrell Frederick said Burlington is only about 30 miles from Sharon, Wisc., the hometown of the Wisconsin center.

“It’s kind of in the back yard,” Darrell Frederick said. “It’s always fun to root for a hometown, home area kind of guy. This is really exciting.”

Darrell and Elizabeth Frederick – Travis’ parents – said about 20 of their son’s friends and family were at their home Thursday night when the Cowboys called.

“We are very excited,” Elizabeth said. “It’s awesome. We’re actually Chicago Bears’ fans, but now we are Dallas Cowboys fans, effective today.”

Darrell said that Travis has always been a hard worker and called him a “man among boys in high school” because he was “big and strong.” Travis played offensive and defensive tackle at Big Foot High School.

In fact, Darrell said that Travis weighed more than 150 pounds as a 10-year-old and wasn’t allowed to play for his 9-10-year-old football team because he was too big.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...a-big-fan-of-wisconsin-native-tony-romo.html/
  2. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,158 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    I like what I'm hearing. Sounds like a big dude and they are supporters of the QB, which is always a plus. Don't need any players or Cowboy supporters who will be throwning the QB under the bus at the first opportunity (hopefully).
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    that's just....:laugh2:

...my daughter is 10 and she's 5'6" tall....and 80 lbs.....:lmao2:
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    Wow
    That's tall for a 10 year old.
  5. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,158 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    Also heard today on Dallas sports talk that he has a nasty streak. He tends to break people's arms and legs in "praktiss". "We talkin 'bout praktiss."
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    I love hearing the audio and sometimes video of the call. What a moment in a kid's life. You're not only going to the NFL, you're a Dallas Cowboy. That still means something.