1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: DMN: Fraley: Tony Romo is a good quarterback, but he can learn a lot from how Jon Kit

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 9, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,765 Messages
    7,515 Likes Received
    Fraley: Tony Romo is a good quarterback, but he can learn a lot from how Jon Kitna directs a team

Gerry Fraley

SportsDayDFW.com writer Gerry Fraley chatted with fans on Monday and answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights:

Who is holding back the young players? Is it the coaching staff or Jerry Jones ? Seem like we missed out on two years of Miles Austin , Doug Free and Choice. What other players need to see the field?

This happens in every pro sport. Coaches, whose jobs are always on the line, play veterans because they know what they can do and trust them. It takes a vote of support from the owner for a staff to go with young players. Given Jerry's need to sell merchandise and luxury boxes, I do not see him ever approving a youth movement on this team.

Read More http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/fraley-tony-romo-is-a-good-qua.html
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

35,185 Messages
    11,789 Likes Received
    As stupid as the 'Romo isn't a team leader' argument is, I don't disagree that there are things he'll learn from watching John Kitna these last few weeks. That's one of the real benefits of having such an experienced, quality backup.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

27,041 Messages
    4,528 Likes Received
    check
    and check
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

35,185 Messages
    11,789 Likes Received
    The good thing about a guy like Romo, he really does want to get better, and he really does pay attention to everything. He'll pretty much have to assert himself in the process of taking the team back over now that Kitna's raised the bar for playing with aggression and emotion.

I'm sure he'll find a way to incorporate something that's consistent with his own personality.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    The argument isn't that Romo isn't a "team leader".